UVI Wurli Piano $19.99

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
AnthonyS
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

UVI Wurli Piano $19.99

Post by AnthonyS »

Just got an email from UVI soundsource: via the MacApp Store, UVI is discounting the Wurli Piano at $19.99 for a limited time.

May have to grab it.....

Peace

:woohoo:
MacBook Pro 15" 2G QuadCore i7,8G RAM, 20"Intel iMac 2.4Ghz , 4G RAM.OSX 10.8.3 on both, DP 7.24, MOTU 828MK3, AudioBox 1818, KRK Rokit 6G2, Omnisphere 1.5, Komplete 8, Amplitube 2&3, SampleTank, Sonik Synth2, SampleMoog, SampleTron, Ivory 2, Philharmonik, EWQL MOR, SC, SOG, SD2, Reason 6, Waves, McDSP, Slate Digital VCC, FGX, Sound Toys.
SixStringGeek
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: UVI Wurli Piano $19.99

Post by SixStringGeek »

AnthonyS wrote:Just got an email from UVI soundsource: via the MacApp Store, UVI is discounting the Wurli Piano at $19.99 for a limited time.
Before you blow that double sawbuck on a Wurli, you might check out the free MrTramp from GSI, same guy who did VB3. :dance: Did I mention it is free? :deadhorse:
DP 8.newest on MacPro 5,1 Dual Hex 3.33GHz 64G Ram, 3TB SSDs.
Thousands of $'s worth of vintage gear currently valued in the dozens of dollars.
AnthonyS
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by AnthonyS »

Hey, Thanks for the tip!

I love my VB-3, so I will definitley look into Mr Tramp.

Cheers..........
MacBook Pro 15" 2G QuadCore i7,8G RAM, 20"Intel iMac 2.4Ghz , 4G RAM.OSX 10.8.3 on both, DP 7.24, MOTU 828MK3, AudioBox 1818, KRK Rokit 6G2, Omnisphere 1.5, Komplete 8, Amplitube 2&3, SampleTank, Sonik Synth2, SampleMoog, SampleTron, Ivory 2, Philharmonik, EWQL MOR, SC, SOG, SD2, Reason 6, Waves, McDSP, Slate Digital VCC, FGX, Sound Toys.
Prime Mover

Post by Prime Mover »

All of this is well and good, if I had ANY compassion for the sound of Wurli pianos. Seriously, the 50s-70s were an interesting time for pianos. Not since the mid-1800s was there so much innovation in terms of creating a percussive keyboard instrument. The journey was memorable and admirable, but I've often felt that the outcome had varying degrees of success with tones ranging from smooth and dark to gnarly, and even in some cases, downright annoying. I'll be frank, I've always placed Wurli's in this category. Where I easilly find myself brushing aside a Yamaha grand in exchange for a Rhodes, every time I've played a Wurli, sampled or real, I wish I were playing on something else.

I have no doubt that some people have need of, and really enjoy the sound of the Wurli, but I just haven't found that yet, for me.
— Eric Barker
Eel House

"All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio"
MacPro 1,1 2Ghz 7GB RAM OS 10.6.8 | MacBook Pro 13" i5 1.8Ghz 16GB RAM OS 10.8.2
DP7/8 | Komplete 7 | B4II | Korg Legacy Analog | Waves v9 (various) | Valhalla Room | EWQLSO Gold
MOTU 828mkII | MOTU 8pre | Presonus BlueTube | FMR RNC
Themes: Round is Right and Alloy
carrythebanner

Post by carrythebanner »

The sounds are probably excellent, but be aware that a limitation of the Mac App Store is that only standalone applications are offered — no plug-in versions.
"I don't see any method at all, sir."