Is this forum the only resource for MSI or...?

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

midiw
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Is this forum the only resource for MSI or...?

Post by midiw »

Just curious if MOTU has or will be hosting a forum/resource site for working with MSI similar to what that Garriton guy does?

That Garriton community of users is just awsome. I've learned so much about music composition even though I don't have their programme and at this time leaning towards purchasing MSI. That forum also has excellent MP3 files to demonstrate what actuall users can do with the programme. Albeit the demo's for MST are also fantastic but I doubt some little guy like me could get help from the composer(S) of those MP3. Plus I feel that some of those MP3 files have been tweeked with something in addition to MSI.

However....

I often wonder if MOTU is just too cheap to host a forum for their products or perhaps MOTU helps in funding the UNICORNATION forum?

Or perhaps they have their tech people posting the help replies at UNICORN's forum.
Mac OS: Mojave
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Is this forum the only resource for MSI or...?

Post by James Steele »

Originally posted by midiw:
Just curious if MOTU has or will be hosting a forum/resource site for working with MSI similar to what that Garriton guy does?

That Garriton community of users is just awsome. I've learned so much about music composition even though I don't have their programme and at this time leaning towards purchasing MSI. That forum also has excellent MP3 files to demonstrate what actuall users can do with the programme. Albeit the demo's for MST are also fantastic but I doubt some little guy like me could get help from the composer(S) of those MP3. Plus I feel that some of those MP3 files have been tweeked with something in addition to MSI.

However....

I often wonder if MOTU is just too cheap to host a forum for their products or perhaps MOTU helps in funding the UNICORNATION forum?

Or perhaps they have their tech people posting the help replies at UNICORN's forum.
Well for starters let me say that MOTU does not help fund this forum. If they wanted to I would thank them and politely decline as I don't accept money from any source, except for users who can make a $1 donation via PayPal. The reason for this is to keep UnicorNation completey user run and supported and guarantee there is no conflict of interest.

I'm sure MOTU could run a forum if they desired. MOTU staff to answer questions here from time to time. Also there is the MOTU-MAC e-mail list from which this board was an offshoot. The link to that is:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/motu-mac
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!