MOTU Symphonic Instrument

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

mbeazley
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

MOTU Symphonic Instrument

Post by mbeazley »

Anybody ready to share 1st impressions yet?
DP 11.3/Macbook Pro 15 Retina/OS 11.7.1/i7 2.2 GHz Quad Core/16GB RAM/2TB internal SSD
westla
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: MOTU Symphonic Instrument

Post by westla »

wrong forum
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Shooshie »

I have Symphonic Instrument sitting here on my bookshelf, and the iLock dongle is in my drawer beside me. I have had it for a couple of weeks, but haven't installed it yet because I'm still not finished with a long project that has to be done and off my computer before I change things up.

Sorry about that!

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

I think Westla meant to say was that you should go back up one level, (to the Unicornation Bulletin Board) and then look for the MOTU Symphonic Instrument forum (sister forum to this DP forum).

Normally in this particular forum we just talk DP, tho sometimes things get a bit OT...
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Mine arrived last Wednesday, but I'm in a similar boat. Mostly, it took five days for Epson to get back to me about a printer problem, and it took me five hours last night to get my printer working again.

In the meantime, my computer desktop has become so cluttered with placeholder icons for documents/webpages/etc., that I haven't dared do anything as visually intensive as an install!

Current plan is to install it THIS Wednesday, and to run through some of the sounds with a variety of physical controllers (including my Yamaha WX5 Wind Synthesizer).

<small>[ August 15, 2005, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Mark Schmieder ]</small>
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH