Any Unisyn 2 and XV3080 users?

Discussion of issues related to MOTU's Sysex Editor/Librarian program.

Moderator: James Steele

daveyboy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Any Unisyn 2 and XV3080 users?

Post by daveyboy »

Anyone using this combo successfully (or not)? The 3080 is my last hardware piece that I really use and it would be nice to have an editor for it.
Dave
www.dbwproductions.com
10 core IMac w/128 gbs ram, DP11, Logic10x and PT 12, 4 room commercial studio (tuned by Bob Hodas) great for producers and composers!
daveyboy

Re: Any Unisyn 2 and XV3080 users?

Post by daveyboy »

bump.....like I'll actually get an answer
Dave
www.dbwproductions.com
10 core IMac w/128 gbs ram, DP11, Logic10x and PT 12, 4 room commercial studio (tuned by Bob Hodas) great for producers and composers!
markwayne

Re: Any Unisyn 2 and XV3080 users?

Post by markwayne »

Yes, I'm using an XV3080 and I have Unisyn2. However, I have only been able to get them to talk once. And that conversation went on for a while without producing any usable results. I've not been at all happy with this aspect of DP. If I reboot into OS9 and use my ancient SVpro/Galaxy combi. I get everything I need and patch names show up correctly. I've put this down to a bit of the old "two steps forward, one step back". I'm looking forward to being able to do what I could 12 years ago with performer 3.6 and Galaxy in another year or two.
DP 5.13, Reason 5, Logic 9, Melodyne 3, Live 7, Cubase 4.5, OS 10.5.8 on main desktop, 10.6.3 on laptop. Old analog gear, synths and guitars and heat-belching transformers and tubes.