Can Unisyn do virtual synths?

Discussion of issues related to MOTU's Sysex Editor/Librarian program.

Moderator: James Steele

midiw
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by midiw »

I have the LinPlug collection of virtual synths and would like to have/use a computer based "patch" listing for selecting/assigning the various sounds.

At the moment I use a printed list of the patches for any given virtual synth and assign those numbers to the MIDI tracks from that printed list.

Not a very elegent way of doing it since most of the time the "printed" list gets buried or simply walks away tucked into some music book.

Therefore it would be of great benifit and a valid reason to purchase Unisyn 2.1.1 for OS X.

<small>[ November 16, 2004, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: midiw ]</small>
Mac OS: Mojave
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Can Unisyn do virtual synths?

Post by Shooshie »

As far as I know, Unisyn does NOT do virtual synths. I don't know of any app that does, actually.

There is a very nice app for samples called "CDXtract OSX." But even it doesn't do patch lists for samplers. I think that's a wide-open field for development, unfortunately. The virtual instrument craze is still pretty young, and I don't think anyone has tackled the formidable task of rounding up the way they create patch lists, and trying to make a librarian for them.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|