DP 4 Video output and plugin ac3 5.1 encoder

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
Dane
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 4 Video output and plugin ac3 5.1 encoder

Post by Dane »

2 seperate questions if you please

Q) I want to move my DP 4 to my FCPHD NLE on the
DUAL 2ghz G5. this Mac has a Decklink uncompressed capture cart will DP 4 or 4.5 see it ?
Q) What 5.1 encoder will i need to render out 16bit 48hz surround from DP 4 or 4.5.
Dane
buddhabelly
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: DP 4 Video output and plugin ac3 5.1 encoder

Post by buddhabelly »

Originally posted by drp:
2 seperate questions if you please

Q) I want to move my DP 4 to my FCPHD NLE on the
DUAL 2ghz G5. this Mac has a Decklink uncompressed capture cart will DP 4 or 4.5 see it ?
Q) What 5.1 encoder will i need to render out 16bit 48hz surround from DP 4 or 4.5.
Dane
If the decklink has a coreaudio driver, DP should see it.

As far as 5.1 encoding, a.pack that comes with DVDSP will do dolby digital. Also, there is a program from surcode that can do DTS, but it's spendy.
Dane
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 4 Video output and plugin ac3 5.1 encoder

Post by Dane »

Thanks for your response !

I appologize for not being clear regarding dp 4 / 4.5
seeing my Black Magic Decklink Uncompressed Video capture and edit card... (which I use to work with DigiBeta material in FCPHD)

What I was refering to is if you are scoring to a Movie clip, and when you opening the movie in dp 4 there is a viewing options to choose from, Mac Firewire, DVCPRO, etc. . This is how it come up on my G4 (also running FCPHD on it but no Capture Card...)
It looks as though dp 4 sees what is available for Video (Movie) playback from the NLE (FCPHD).

I see in other threads that there are people using the Aurora VIDEO Capture card with dp so I am hopingthe Decklink caards don't have any quirky
effects....

Regarding Coreaudio I us a Tascam FW-1884.

Regards

Dane
drp
AE & C3 Composites
FCPHD uncompressed finishing