East West Strings in Kontakt 4?

Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory, etc...

Moderators: Frodo, FMiguelez, MIDI Life Crisis

Forum rules
Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory and the art of creating music in all forms from orchestral film scores to pop/rock.
wonder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

East West Strings in Kontakt 4?

Post by wonder »

I've been using east west silver edition for years on my older Mac.

Trying to transfer everything to work in my quad core.

Just got kontakt 4. Will east west silver edition work on kontakt 4?
I can't get them to load.

Thanks!
Dual Quad-Core 2.8 GHz Mac Pro 3,1 • Yosemite • 24 GB RAM • MOTU 2408mk3 (x's 2) • DP 10.xx • Finale 25 • Logic • PT 12 • +outboard gear
Buzzy

Re: East West Strings in Kontakt 4?

Post by Buzzy »

wonder wrote:I've been using east west silver edition for years on my older Mac.

Trying to transfer everything to work in my quad core.

Just got kontakt 4. Will east west silver edition work on kontakt 4?
I can't get them to load.

Thanks!
Quick answer, No.

The pre-Play versions of EWQLSO used the Kompakt player which is now obsolete and does not import into Kontakt. My experience was using the Gold XP edition in a Receptor accidently loading into Kontakt. I'm sure the (bad) results would be the same using the mac.
.Bzz...

Mac Pro 6 Core-10.14.6-32GB | DP 10 | 828mkII fw | Receptor 1&2 |Reason 10.2 | Goliath | EWQLSO Gold | QL RA | Voices of Passion | Ocean Way Drums Platinum | SSD-EX | Chris Hein Horns 1&2 | Komplete 12 | AAS - Ultra Analog | BS Accordions | Nomad Factory Integral Bundle | WaveArts Power Suite 5 | Izotope Music Production 3 | Variax 600| TD-8 Drums ||STUDIO››|| MacPro QuadCore-2.66-10.4.11-8GB | 828mk3 fw | 8Pre fw (X2)| MC Mix (X3) MC Control ||
Kubi

Post by Kubi »

If you had the old EastWest library authorized with NI to work in the Kontakt Player, that same old library will load in Kontakt 4. Works for me no problem, shows up in my "libraries" tab inside Kontakt 4.

But the authorization has to be on file with NI and show up in your NI "authorization wizard" thingy, and this only works with the old Kontaktplayer-formatted library. You may have to point your Kontakt to it.

Again, the Play versions are totally different and won't do a thing without the Play software.
hamburski
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by hamburski »

Hmm. I've been wondering about something similar: I'm using EWQLSO Platinum XP in Kontakt 2. If I upgrade to Kontakt 4, will I still be able to load those .nki files just like I do now in Kontakt 2?
Kubi

Post by Kubi »

As long as your EastWest registration with NI is current, I don't see why not.
hamburski
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by hamburski »

Good to hear! Thanks.
cowtothesky

Post by cowtothesky »

A little off topic, but I wish that Spectrasonics Omnisphere could be played through Kontakt 4. I constantly have problems with it taking up memory. I have tried everything. I love the sounds on Omnisphere, but find myself purposefully avoid using it because of the issues/crashes I have had with it.
Imac Pro 10-core, 64GB Ram, Mac OS (latest), 2TB SSD, Blackmagic Multiport 4TB SSD, DP 10, Motu Ultralite MK3 Hybrid, VSL Instruments, VE Pro, Vienna Suite, Spectrasonics, Project SAM, Spitfire, Kontakt, Korg M3
bdr

Post by bdr »

I use Platinum in K4, it works no problem. Download the Service Centre from NI, and make sure the library shows up in Kontakt's 'Libraries' tab, if it's not there already navigate to it by clicking on the 'add library'. Open up the service centre, it should tell you that you need to authorise Silver which you can do online through the service centre. You'll need the serial number. I remember I had a little trouble and ended up calling NI in Germany who fixed it very quickly.

I am assuming that Silver has always used similar authorisation methods to Gold and Platimun.
Mac 2.8 8-core, 20 GB RAM, Mac 10.9, DP 8, EWQLSO Platinum Play, Mach V II, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer, AIR, Absynth 5, Plectrum, CronoX, Albino3, RMV, cup of tea.
thealps

Post by thealps »

Ive never had any problems using pre-PLAY versions of EW libs (EWQLSO gold+ xp, EWQLSC, RA, Bosendorfer, etc) inside of Kontakt player 2, Kontakt 3, Kontakt 3.5. I mostly use the PLAY stuff now and VSL, but they all work just fine

EDIT: I am using a quad core intel mac w/ snow leopard. I just have the earlier intel mac (1,1) but as I am running the EW stuff no problem via kontakt, you should be able to as well
Christopher Alpiar
Composer, Arranger, Producer, Saxophones, Stuff
http://www.alpiar.com | http://www.chrisalpiar.com