Corrupt audio files

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
trevorallan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Corrupt audio files

Post by trevorallan »

HI
I'm up against a tight deadline, and I've just discovered that the mixes I'm doing in DP (7.2) which are fine within the program, won't open in anything else. Exporting them as mp3s doesn't work (no audio), Wave Editor shows the wav or aiff waveforms OK but there's no audio here either.
The first effort to open in Wave Editor, it said the file was damaged (too large?) but was unable to repair it.
I've opened a new project and loaded the whole sequence into it complete, still no joy. It plays just fine in DP.

Any suggestions gratefully recieved.
Radiogal
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Corrupt audio files

Post by Radiogal »

By routing it and rerecording it in real time to another track within DP would give you a new audiofile.. maybe that will help.
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com