Garageband .esx instruments into Mach Five/UVI

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

jklimeck
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Garageband .esx instruments into Mach Five/UVI

Post by jklimeck »

Has anyone had any success in importing a Garage Band software instrument into M5 via UVI Ext.

These files are .esx (ESX24) files and sould import / via UVI Extract.

Talked with MOTU guy at NAMM and they cant get it to work either, Maybe M5 2 fixes this.

NOTE: Many of the Software Instruments in Garage Band are the same ones in Logic Pro 7, including the famous EVP 88 Rhodes.

This is why I want to do this.
billf
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Garageband .esx instruments into Mach Five/UVI

Post by billf »

Originally posted by macguitarman:
Has anyone had any success in importing a Garage Band software instrument into M5 via UVI Ext.

These files are .esx (ESX24) files and sould import / via UVI Extract.

Talked with MOTU guy at NAMM and they cant get it to work either, Maybe M5 2 fixes this.

NOTE: Many of the Software Instruments in Garage Band are the same ones in Logic Pro 7, including the famous EVP 88 Rhodes.

This is why I want to do this.
Yes, I just converted a bunch of them yesterday. Some of the instruments had missing samples weirdly enough (for example, I could not get any of the sax instruments to convert as UVI could not find the associated samples), but 90% of the instruments converted with no problem.

I have GB 1.2, and might redo everything when I get GB 2.0 in the hopes that the missing samples will be found.

I used this little app to make the conversions:

http://simon.baymoo.org/universe/tools/garbnd/
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1