Importing Kontakt files into Mach 5

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

midilance
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Importing Kontakt files into Mach 5

Post by midilance »

I am seriously considering moving over to Mach 5 and need to know how well Mach 5 does at importing libraries formatted for Kontakt.
Mac Studio m2 Max // OS 14.3.1 // DP 11.3.1 // MotU Ultralite mk4 // Komplete Ultimate 14 // Arturia V Collection 9 // Korg Collection // Stylus RMX 1.8 // Omnisphere 2.6.2c // Scarbee Keys and Basses // T-Racks 5 // Amplitube 5 // BFD3 // Blue3 // PolyM //
Henry Robinett

Re: Importing Kontakt files into Mach 5

Post by Henry Robinett »

Sorry I don't have an answer, but I'm curious. Why are you thinking about switching over?
All the best,

Henry Robinett

2019 Mac Pro 16 core, 192 GB; 2 MacPro 5,1 Metric Halo ULN-8 3d (x6), ULN-2-3d, MIDI Express XT,
DP10.13, UAD2 Quad TB,Duo,solo, Fractal Ax Fx III, FM3, LF+12+, Altiverb 7, Pianoteq7, Falcon, Keyscape, Omnisphere, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer 3, Slate Drums, Live 10, Battery4, Diva, Spitfire Chamber and Symphony Strings, Ivory 2, Spectrafoo, Millennia HV3-D, many mics, many guitars . . ..
midilance

Post by midilance »

I want a simpler sampler. I'm not interested in sound design, I just want great, musically useful samples that are easy to get at and use. I want multiple outs with DP. I've had issues with Kontakt's (1.5.3) performance. There are a lot of libraries that offer sounds in Kontakt format. If Mach 5 is able to open those files satisfactorily, and with a new Kontakt2 upgrade soon available for $169, I'm seriously considering jumping ship.
Mac Studio m2 Max // OS 14.3.1 // DP 11.3.1 // MotU Ultralite mk4 // Komplete Ultimate 14 // Arturia V Collection 9 // Korg Collection // Stylus RMX 1.8 // Omnisphere 2.6.2c // Scarbee Keys and Basses // T-Racks 5 // Amplitube 5 // BFD3 // Blue3 // PolyM //
azusa749a
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by azusa749a »

At present, Mach5 does not import Kontakt.
midilance

Post by midilance »

Thanks for the answer. It's not the one I was looking for but it's an answer.
oliviergaston
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by oliviergaston »

well, here is one more vote for Kontakt and Battery library support.

it's all i need to make the move.
Ollie
lordtoranaga

Post by lordtoranaga »

cd xtract will convert from kontakt to a format compatible for mach5
Peace & Love, Lord Toranaga

MAny Records For Sale
http://stores.ebay.com/Boom-Box-Beats_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm
rikp

Post by rikp »

I tried that, and it will not recogonize the files. Any suggestions here?

Peace

Rik
http://www.coffeecupmusic.com
Mac Pro 8 Core 22 Gig RAM, 2 Hackintoshes, DP 8, ProTools 11, Logic X, Waves, Kontakt, Vienna Strings, EWQL Platinum, GPO, BFD, Omnishphere, Stylus RMX, Trilogy, Altiverb, DrumCore, EZ Drummer, LASS, HollyWoodwinds, and too much money spent on VI libraries.
jloeb

Post by jloeb »

Wait what are you talking about?
Of course MachFive can import Kontakt. In UviXtract, click on ".NKI" (or is it nkt? ) That's Kontakt!

Now having said that, if what you're interested in is buying a lot of premade sample libraries and not having to tweak, then i'm sorry to say that i don't think M5 is the best choice. Reason: there's not enough native content available for it. So you're often at the mercy of UviXtract's ability to import from other formats, which often works well but which rarely involves NO tweaking.

Also, and this is a problem that i think M5 2.0 will go a long way towards correcting, many developers of Giga and Kontakt material use a lot of keyswitching and multilayering these days for realism. This can cause big headaches in some cases with the current version of Xtract.
rikp

Post by rikp »

Kontakt also has NKS files and the Mach 5 won't do those. I was trying to put EWSO (they play through Kontakt) files into Mach5 and nothing comes up. I hope that I can load these into the new version of Mach5

Peace

Rik
http://www.coffeecupmusic.com
Mac Pro 8 Core 22 Gig RAM, 2 Hackintoshes, DP 8, ProTools 11, Logic X, Waves, Kontakt, Vienna Strings, EWQL Platinum, GPO, BFD, Omnishphere, Stylus RMX, Trilogy, Altiverb, DrumCore, EZ Drummer, LASS, HollyWoodwinds, and too much money spent on VI libraries.
vic_france

Post by vic_france »

Originally posted by Rik:
Kontakt also has NKS files and the Mach 5 won't do those. I was trying to put EWSO (they play through Kontakt) files into Mach5 and nothing comes up. I hope that I can load these into the new version of Mach5
I'm pretty sure that that the .nks file format is deliberately closed to the world outside N.I. So, whereas normal .nki can be imported into MachFive (and elsewhere), the "fixed" libraries such as Kompakt, Intakt, and all the other "powered by N.I. libraries" (such as EWSO, Bosendorfer 290 etc.) are a definite no-no, but that isn't the fault of MachFive.
Mac MDD dual 1GB/1.25GB RAM/160GB internal disc/MOTU PCI-424/2408 MK3/MTP AV
MAC OS X 10.3.8/ Digital Performer 4.52/Cubase SX 3.02
MAC OS 9.2.2/Digital Performer 3.11/ Cubase VST_32/5.2pb