What sound banks work well with Mach 5?

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

postbop64
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

What sound banks work well with Mach 5?

Post by postbop64 »

I've been having fun with the sounds that came with Mach 5 but now I'd like to get a good set of sounds. Are the plugsound box set a good choice? I mostly work with things that have traditional instrument sounds ie: horns, Bass, piano etc.
wylie

Re: What sound banks work well with Mach 5?

Post by wylie »

I don't have Mach5 at the moment but was wondering the same mostly about drums.
postbop64

Post by postbop64 »

It just seems like a lot of the sound banks that are discussed in this forum don't work directly with Mach 5. I'm just trying to find out what does work well straight out of the box.
Akai96

Post by Akai96 »

Mach 5 is importing everything I Have,Roland,Akai
Kurzweil,ETC,If anyone is having problems{which I did at first}Feel free to ask how.
Just testing this thing out
Akai96

Post by Akai96 »

2 questions, Do you have rex running,Wich OS Are you in?
Just testing this thing out
chrispick
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by chrispick »

By and large, I've been able to import/convert AKAI, Gigasampler and Kontakt files. No big problems, although all key triggers may not translate.

One thing I've found that helps: Toss everything you want to convert onto your hard drive first, then UVI convert from there. It's more efficient than converting straight from CD or DVD. The exception: AKAI-formatted CDs which demand you extract from CD since OSX can't see AKAI's proprietary formatting (but UVI-Extract can grab them).
frankymax

Post by frankymax »

I've had no problems converting Roland, Akai and .wav files into Mach 5. As I've stated in another post, Giga also works except for keyswitch programs, in which it converts each sample in the keyswitch to a separate program- useless!!
DP9/Windows7-64bit-32GBRAM Intel i7-3e930K CPU@3.2GHz/Lynx Aurora 8/VSL Ext.Lib//Komplete8/Spectrasonics/KorgLegDig/Valhalla/WavesMus2/iZotope/PSP/CytomicGlue/NomadPP/Plug&Mix/DynSpecM/KurzPC88/LexiNatBundle/RelabLX480/Kush/FabFilter/Finale/Sibelius/PacificaMicPre/Lawson/Neumann/Peluso/AKG/SeNeve/Lucas Mics/Genelec1032A
http://frankmacchia.net/
kdownes

Post by kdownes »

After I got M5 I bought the Mixtended multichannel drum kits from Big Fish audio (five kits altogether) and imported the EXS formatted kits via UVI with no trouble. The kits actually sound great, and there are two separate versions: a hi-rez (around 220 MB a piece) or an "economy" size (around 89 MB).

Someone else asked in a separate topic but no one has answered yet: can you import REX files or rx2 files produced with Recycle into M5?
2.4 Ghz Duo Core iMac
4GB RAM
DP 5.13
Mach 5 V2
828mk1