MachFive error -30605

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

bksavage
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MachFive error -30605

Post by bksavage »

Hey M5 experts. When I attempt to open an old Soft Sample Cell instrument imported with UVI extract
M5 can't find the samples. I have no special characters
and it works with factory instruments but not the one's
I've built myself. I get a white window with an error -30605 and something about the path. MOTU's tech
hadn't heard of this. Anyone? :eek:
matwell

Re: MachFive error -30605

Post by matwell »

Same problem here. Seems to have something to do with the directory path being different from the original sample library CD-ROM. I have yet to figure out how to fix it though.

Good luck!

Michael
Quad G5 - 4GB RAM; PB 17" 1.5 GHz - 1GB RAM; OS 10.4.8, DP 5.11, Digi 002R, Mbox, Pro Tools LE 7.1, DV Toolkit 2, Music Production Toolkit, MachFive, NI Komplete2, EWQLSO GOLD, MemoryMoog Plus
matwell

Post by matwell »

New info:

Additional Research on Missing Samples (error 30605):

OK, this is frustrating.

Here is an example:
On the "SampleCell II•„•" CD-ROM, there is an instrument (preset) called "Analog". The directory path for the instrument is:

SampleCell II•„• --> Instruments --> Synths --> Bright Analog

However, the directory path for the samples used by this instrument is:

SampleCell II•„• --> Samples --> Synths --> AND THEN IT BRANCHES HERE!

1) --> Korg DSM --> Korg DSM 1 Expan.sd2

2) --> Various Synth --> Synth Strings [Lo].sd2

Because of this mismatch between the path for the instrument (preset) and samples, when UVI-Extract converts this instrument it doesn't convert the samples properly.

What you are left over with are two 'ghost' files, each 4KB in size, with the proper names (Korg DSM 1 Expan.wav & Synth Strings [Lo].wav). However, the sample data is lost. So, when you try to open the new "Analog" preset in MachFive, it can't find the samples and you get Error 30605.

This happens consistently when there is a mismatch between the path for the instrument and the path for the samples on the original CD-ROM.

By using the 'Find...' command in OS X, you can search for any audio files that are 4KB in size, and quickly find all of the Error 30605 candidates.

I am sending an e-mail to Magic Dave at MOTU with this info, in the hopes of finding a solution BEFORE converting with UVI.

If anyone else has some insight into this, please reply here.

Good luck out there!
Quad G5 - 4GB RAM; PB 17" 1.5 GHz - 1GB RAM; OS 10.4.8, DP 5.11, Digi 002R, Mbox, Pro Tools LE 7.1, DV Toolkit 2, Music Production Toolkit, MachFive, NI Komplete2, EWQLSO GOLD, MemoryMoog Plus
matwell

Post by matwell »

OK, everyone please disregard my previous post.

After importing some more old SampleCell discs, I have finally figured out why I keep getting Error 30605.

Some of the old SCII discs have SOUND DESIGNER 1 files.

Since Sound Designer 2 is an established standard, UVI-Extract was programmed to identify and convert SD2 files. However, UVI-Extract cannot even see a SD1 file!!

If you browse through the samples folder on an older SCII disc, some of the samples will not appear in the 'Samples' window of UVI-Extract. This seems to be because they are SD1 files.

Overall, my impressions from this experience are that MachFive and UVI-Extract are still very new applications, and they both need to mature quite a bit more.

I hope this helps anyone out there dealing with SCII files.

Good luck!