MIDI Select

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

grassrootking
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

MIDI Select

Post by grassrootking »

Is MIDI Select assignable for remote control?
grassrootking

Re: MIDI Select

Post by grassrootking »

I see a reference from ssp in the BPM 1.5 Suggestions thread that alludes to the ability to control the MIDI Select button. Anyone know where this setting is located? I've looked in the MIDI Mapping list but i don't see it.
ssp wrote:Hey beatpadman, can you do me a favour with your posts please?

can you try not to embelish them with the large caps, underlines, bolds and multiple colours? :D :D :D :D

I do love your enthusiasm for this but my god its like im having a trip when i check the posts and yours pop up into my visual range :lol: :lol:

also with regards to the moving pads etc just turn the MIDI select off on the top of the window, this will prevent that from happening. map it to a control on your controller to turn it off when needed. this is something that can be included in the next suggestions addendum to the motu/uvi team.

Any help would be appreciated.

-GK
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

You can't find it because it's not there.
ssp

Post by ssp »

the "map it to a control" was relating to a part of a previous post in that thread topic. Selective quotes without checking the reference history will lead to confusion.

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
grassrootking

Post by grassrootking »

Thanks for the clarification guys. SSP, didn't mean to take anything out of context. I did read the thread up until the point I grabbed the quote. Your reference to MIDI select and assigning a control seemed to refer to a few posts earlier from BeatPadMan where he expressed his frustration. Either way, I hope that MOTU does add the ability to control that selection in the next update. Thanks for your efforts.

-GK
ssp

Post by ssp »

ah no problem ;)

there are some functions that I am still pushing to be mappable under a controller. I am hoping that when the next update comes out they will be added.

Also some of the current suggestions as well.

Dont expect every single thing to be in such an update as you would be waiting for quite a period of time for the "current" list to be implemented, as thats a serious amount of code.

At the moment a new bpm update wont be in the loop for a while so once again its about being patient, it takes time to work on a new update.

thanks

ssp

b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

Thanks ssp. I do hope for a few of the feature request at some point and don't mind waiting. However, I think there are a couple serious bugs introduced in this latest 1.5 version that need addressing. We basically paid for an update lost basic functions. Mainly the clip window crashes and loss of the ability to sample. Surely that needs to be looked at?
ssp

Post by ssp »

An update will take time this is why we are making a serious and constructive error list so that when the next code revision for bpm starts the list is ready and things get done quicker as the errors are detailed ready for the programmers to rectify.

You know that when the time comes I will do everything I can to get the changes implemented and recognised.

As soon as I know the next code revision is taking place I will let you know.

thanks

ssp