S'posin'

Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory, etc...

Moderators: Frodo, FMiguelez, MIDI Life Crisis

Forum rules
Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory and the art of creating music in all forms from orchestral film scores to pop/rock.
bdr
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

S'posin'

Post by bdr »

Not sure if this is the right place to mention but I uploaded an old track my dad arranged for combo and 4 voices in the early 60's for a local tonight show. I think it sounds pretty advanced for it's time, in the Hi-Lo's type direction, thought some of you older types(!) might enjoy it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKgdVnI8X1E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mac 2.8 8-core, 20 GB RAM, Mac 10.9, DP 8, EWQLSO Platinum Play, Mach V II, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer, AIR, Absynth 5, Plectrum, CronoX, Albino3, RMV, cup of tea.
bongo_x

Re: S'posin'

Post by bongo_x »

I really like that. I wouldn’t mind having an mp3 of that. It has some really interesting harmonies.

I’m not sure about “advanced for it’s time”, there was some pretty interesting stuff going on then, I think we haven’t gone very far at all. But then again, I don’t know what the “Hi-Lo’s” are.

bb
bdr

Re: S'posin'

Post by bdr »

Thanks for listening bongo and glad you enjoyed it. My old man loves his harmony. I think he did a pretty good job considering the era and where he lived. You should check out the Hi-Los if you like that style of vocal harmony, they are on utube. Gene Puerling was the arranger for them and also he arranged for the Singers Unlimited and Take 6, phenomenal singing.

Brett
Mac 2.8 8-core, 20 GB RAM, Mac 10.9, DP 8, EWQLSO Platinum Play, Mach V II, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer, AIR, Absynth 5, Plectrum, CronoX, Albino3, RMV, cup of tea.