mach5 roll call

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

maintiger
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: mach5 roll call

Post by maintiger »

Originally posted by David Goodall:
Have M5 - apart from a few buggy bits I am very happy with it. Have to say that I really do enjoy Garritan as well - nice for orchestral stuff.
what I don't like about garritan is that the volume is so much lower than my other soft synths, have to turn M5, atmosphere way down and so i end up not using garritan much...
Xavier Calvera
DP 6 dual G5 2.0- 828mkii-
apogee rosetta - Mach Five, Atmosphere, Stylus, Garritan, Soundtrack,
more soft synths...
check out my latest DP project at www.theorishasarecoming.com more on www.lordtiger.com
Backround

Post by Backround »

Motu insisted that Mach5 would fully support ESX2.

I insisted on trying a demo.

They told me that I needed no demo and it would work.

It does not work for what I purchased it for.

I am frustrated with holes in my pockets and software that won't do what I was told it could do. Now they wanna charge me for version 2?!?

BLEH.
jloeb

Post by jloeb »

Backround-

Are you saying that UviXtract won't open the particular EXS24 library you need it to?
jr213

Post by jr213 »

I wish it came wth a more complete sample library. Although, I'd be happy if my Kurzwiel libraries were as easy to import as they advertise. I still can't figure that crap out.

And I wish the filters were smooth... i find them unusable for sweeps. Atmosphere's filters are great though!

<small>[ February 25, 2005, 06:25 AM: Message edited by: jr213 ]</small>
DP6.02, OSX.5.latest on Quad 2.66GHz MacPro w/ 3GB RAM, MOTU 828mkII, UAD-2 Duo, Altiverb, PSP, TriTone, Omnisphere, Komplete 5
Backround

Post by Backround »

UVI-XTRACT won't see past one level of folders to process files. Let's be realistic...most of us are far too busy to manually convert these large sample librarys. This is basic functionality that they are calling a "feature" for version 2. I have been sitting on Mach5 and a few sample librarys because it simply cannot handle converting sound librarys with a few folder levels.
David Helpling

Post by David Helpling »

I LOVE MAch Five! I use it every day for full-time music for picture composition. I am using Version 1.08 as the upgrades were unusable (latency, clicks and pops etc.). I have successfully converted my library of Akai CD-Roms and all of my custom sounds that evolved from the Akai S2800, S3000, S5000 and Z4. I have successfully converted the entire Sonic Implants String library (no key switching) and I have also successfully converted 3 of the VSL Horizin libaries (no key switching) and they work and sound amazing. I sold my hardware and never looked back. I am very excited about the new version (assuming it works as well as 1.08). MachFive changed my life!
David Helpling - Composer/Producer
MacPro QuadCore 3GHz, Leopard/DP6.01/6 gigs RAM/Apogee Symphony and Hardware/MachFive2/WAVES/NI/URS/Spectrasonics/Analog Outboard
www.dhmmusicdesign.com
dave shapiro

Post by dave shapiro »

so far so good,

I don't love the sounds but I've loaded in some of my Roland CDs..distorted reality, bass legends etc and they sound quite good streaming out of Mach 5. And I haven't noticed any appreciable latency issues. A little mushy but quite usable.

the conveniance of having everything loaded on a hard drive and saved within a DP file far outweighs average sounding Mach 5 samples.
Also, the M5 fx frees up my plug-ins for other audio.

I've crashed DP with my RMX module but not yet with Mach 5.
But I've never loaded more than 4 or 5 sample at a time.

G5 Dual2, 2.5 G of RAM, OSX3.7, 2408MK3, 2408, MTPAV USB,
DP4.52,RMX module, Mach5, 2 internal drives, 1 external FW drive etc....
jr213

Post by jr213 »

I think Backround more clearly explained my main issue with Mach5.

<small>[ February 25, 2005, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: jr213 ]</small>
DP6.02, OSX.5.latest on Quad 2.66GHz MacPro w/ 3GB RAM, MOTU 828mkII, UAD-2 Duo, Altiverb, PSP, TriTone, Omnisphere, Komplete 5
soundeziner

Post by soundeziner »

I agree too. UVI is an app that needs MUCH further development. It seems strange to me that it isn't even designed to see MACH 5 files (especially since merging/velocity stacking performances IN Mach 5 is a pain in the rear).

Mach 5 could also be MUCH better. I'll wait until V2 is out before I decide on whether continued use is warranted or not.

My PRIMARY concern is whether or not MOTU properly puts V2 through its paces BEFORE releasing it. I DO NOT want another bug ridden app that causes my computer to crash every time I use it AND takes 8 updates to finally work.