Forum Cleaning.

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

ssp
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Forum Cleaning.

Post by ssp »

Just to let you all know I have begun cleaning the forum up, this section of the motunation forum has decended into a free for all with many questions constantly repeated and duplicated over and over again, deflamatory comments against users, Motu and UVI.

As of now James has given me permission to remove a thread if its deemed un-constructive.

If you want to have a moan about something use the gripes section up above however, you still need to keep it constructive.

The rest of Motunation is kept clean and does not tolerate anything like this there at all, the moderators in the other sections keep it so and it has fallen on myself to do so here.

If you have a technical issue then please be clear about the details.

pc or mac
operating system
computer specs
error report ( macs only please) this is because of the amount of generic hardware out there for pc's

the operations that made you encounter the issues.

then you can either place this in the technical issues thread or you can send these details to Motu tech who will try and replicate the issue and will also notify UVI.

I have to make a few things clear once more.

I do not work for MOTU or UVI
I will not at any time discuss the BPM software in relation to updates or new featuresets.

If you are having serious issues with the software, let me know and I will contact UVI on your behalf and try to resolve your problems and issues, this is a last resort not a first port of call.

The reason for this clean up now is the simple fact that we have spent months trawling through some of the most mundane mind numbing threads and posts seen.

Lets try and be more constructive in here and build up a better repository of information for the BPM software.

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Forum Cleaning.

Post by James Steele »

Hey everyone. As many of you know, I'm not a BPM user, hence I've asked ssp to help out and be moderator of this forum which he has kindly accepted. I have made it clear that it is HIS forum as far as I'm concerned and he has my 110% backing. So if he asks for things to be on topic or asks someone to tone down their remarks, etc., it's the same as if I asked that.

Hopefully it doesn't come down to it, but if someone goes out of their way to give him grief, I've told him he has the authority to remove that person from the board-- not just the BPM Forum-- but the board. I have explicitly told him that to do this, all he needs to do is send me a PM containing TWO WORDS. The word "remove" followed by the username of the problem individual. He doesn't need to give me an explanation, or link to the post in question. All he needs to do is send me a PM like that, and it's DONE. I won't entertain appeals and writing to me about whether it is fair or not to end run around him will be a waste of time.

What "ssp Says" is the last word in this forum. Just want to make that clear so there's no confusion and thank him for doing a great job!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!