by James Steele » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:53 pm
I've posted this information here before and on MOTU-MAC and on other forums. In all that time a grand total of 24 people have signed up. I can't believe we can't do better than that.
I'm asking those of you who have benefitted from and used this forum over the years to consider doing something minimal to help actually do something to help fight music software piracy, by shutting down the people who use craigslist ads to sell illegal copies of software.
Here's an overview of how it works:
• You join the flagapirate mailing list at Yahoo groups. (You do not need to join Yahoo to do so!)
• The only time you send a message to the group is if you happen across an ad on craigslist selling pirated software. If you do, flag the ad as "prohibited," then send an email containing the URL of the offending craigslist ad to firstname.lastname@example.org
• When you receive a message from the group-- if you have time-- click the URL to go to the pirate's craiglist ad and flag it as "prohibited" by using the link at the upper right. To remove an ad takes multiple flags from different computers, so the more people who flag ads the sooner they get removed automatically by craigslist.
That's all! No discussion on the list, just reporting illegal software and flagging it down. You do NOT need to register with Yahoo to use the email list!!
Even if you do not go to craigslist, please still join the list. You will still receive the emails and be able to help flag the ads-- which is the MAIN point. You do not need to report ads to help out!
Here's how you join:
• Send a blank email from the email account where you'd like to get notices, to: email@example.com
• After you send it, in a few moments you will receive an email from "Yahoo! Groups" with instructions. All you need to do is just reply to this email by clicking "Reply" and then "Send" in your email program.
That's it. From then on, and very rarely... a few times a day or often less... you will get emails with URLs to craigslist ads of pirates selling bootleg music software. Take a moment, click the URL in the email, and then flag the ad as "prohibited." It takes multiple flags to remove an ad, hence the reason for this list.
You may unsubscribe at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Also: the member list is not viewable outside the group and messages are not archived.
If enough of us join, ads will disappear within minutes of being posted or discovered by someone on this list.
Group page is here, FYI:
by James Steele » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:25 pm
by James Steele » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:13 am
by James Steele » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:35 pm
by James Steele » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:09 pm
by James Steele » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:33 am
by James Steele » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:33 pm
by James Steele » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:13 am
by James Steele » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:16 am
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest