Ethno2 update!!!

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's Ethno virtual instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

rodger1811
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Ethno2 update!!!

Post by rodger1811 »

There is a new Ethno2 update posted on the Motu website!!! The new version is 2.0.1 :D
Mid 2012 Mac Pro 12 Core 2.4GHz, 24G RAM, OSX 10.8.2, DP 8.01
4x2 TB Hard Drives
APOGEE Symphony
MOTU 2408 mk3
MOTU HD192/Black Lion Modified
MOTU 24I/Ox2
MOTU MIDI Timepiece
Universal Audio UAD-2 Quad x 2
Universal Audio (Entire Plugin Library)
Waves Mercury+ Studio Classics
Tons of other goodies; to many to mention here
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Ethno2 update!!!

Post by James Steele »

Coolness... downloading! I wonder if this addresses a weird graphic issue I found. Ethno wouldn't come to foreground... it was odd.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
funkyfreddy

Post by funkyfreddy »

Is it worth the upgrade price in your opinion? The sitar sounds on Ethno 1 are pretty limited IMHO.... I was wondering what instruments/loops/etc had been added aside from the tuning to make it worth the upgrade. Thanks, Fred
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 16 GB RAM OSX 11.2 Big Sur
UAD Apollo Quad DP11.22 some Waves, Soundtoys, Digital Performer 11.2, Reason 12, iZotope 11, and lots of real instruments to play :)
tonester

Post by tonester »

funkyfreddy wrote:Is it worth the upgrade price in your opinion? The sitar sounds on Ethno 1 are pretty limited IMHO.... I was wondering what instruments/loops/etc had been added aside from the tuning to make it worth the upgrade. Thanks, Fred

This is the last I'm going to say on this matter, but it's bothered me for awhile. I refuse to upgrade to version 2. They should have fixed the Version 1 Snow Leopard incompatibility first if they wanted to keep me as a customer. There is no other VI/plugin in my arsenal that has just plain failed like Ethno. I probably would have gladly forked over the upgrade price at that point.

Ok. I'm officially done with this issue!!! Hope Ethno 2 is working well for all you guys.From the demos, It looks and sounds great
rodger1811

Post by rodger1811 »

tonester wrote:
funkyfreddy wrote:Is it worth the upgrade price in your opinion? The sitar sounds on Ethno 1 are pretty limited IMHO.... I was wondering what instruments/loops/etc had been added aside from the tuning to make it worth the upgrade. Thanks, Fred

This is the last I'm going to say on this matter, but it's bothered me for awhile. I refuse to upgrade to version 2. They should have fixed the Version 1 Snow Leopard incompatibility first if they wanted to keep me as a customer. There is no other VI/plugin in my arsenal that has just plain failed like Ethno. I probably would have gladly forked over the upgrade price at that point.

Ok. I'm officially done with this issue!!! Hope Ethno 2 is working well for all you guys.From the demos, It looks and sounds great
I certainly understand how you feel! However, I can tell you that Ethno2 is great! I think that MOTU tried to make the price of admission for upgrade a bit more palatable by doubling the sound library. Of course that doesn't solve your problem but it did take some of the sting out of the upgrade for me.
Mid 2012 Mac Pro 12 Core 2.4GHz, 24G RAM, OSX 10.8.2, DP 8.01
4x2 TB Hard Drives
APOGEE Symphony
MOTU 2408 mk3
MOTU HD192/Black Lion Modified
MOTU 24I/Ox2
MOTU MIDI Timepiece
Universal Audio UAD-2 Quad x 2
Universal Audio (Entire Plugin Library)
Waves Mercury+ Studio Classics
Tons of other goodies; to many to mention here
funkyfreddy

Post by funkyfreddy »

Is there a link to the sound library list for Ethno 2?
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 16 GB RAM OSX 11.2 Big Sur
UAD Apollo Quad DP11.22 some Waves, Soundtoys, Digital Performer 11.2, Reason 12, iZotope 11, and lots of real instruments to play :)
carrythebanner

Post by carrythebanner »

funkyfreddy wrote:Is there a link to the sound library list for Ethno 2?
I haven't seen a comprehensive list online, but you could try calling up the sales department to see if they have one.
"I don't see any method at all, sir."
fullertime

Post by fullertime »

Ethno 2 has made "substantial" upgrades. I love it so far. I love the key switching ability and the new "scale temperament" modes. Leads to lots of cool creative inspiration!

IMHO, MOTU's finest upgrade to date next to DP 6! Well worth the cash to upgrade!

Fuller
FULLER - Raleigh/Durham, NC

"You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do."
--------------------
MacPro 3gHz 8-Core 16 GRam// OS 10.7.5 // ApogeePSX 100 // MOTU896 // MOTU Audio Express // DP8.01 //
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

ETHNO 2 is available in 2.04 version : she includes AAX support for Pro Tools 11 _ :)
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Thanks! I wish I could figure out how to see what's new from MOTU's site. All I can do is click the older versions link and see the descriptions of 2.03 and earlier. Downloading now.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _