VOLTA: First Look

Moderators: James Steele, Shooshie

Forum rules
This forum is being developed and is intended as intended as a place to bring together various Digital Performer video tutorials. Currently only YouTube videos may be embedded using the [YouTube] BB code.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by James Steele »

Posted to YouTube by motuTV on January 22, 2009:

"A quick demonstration of some of the features in Volta, MOTU's virtual instrument that turns your audio interface into a control voltage interface."

JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
midiw

Re: VOLTA: First Look

Post by midiw »

It must be horribly expensive because I was unable to locate a price at MOTU web site.

Also, I have a USB to verify that i paid for Cubase would VOLTA be able to use the same USB to be sure i am not a crook.

( If it is horribly expensive i may have to go into my vault of legacy Roland keyboards with the knobs and sliders and record those sounds from a for real keyboard and not a virtual instrument. )
Mac OS: Mojave
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I have no idea. I do know that it's a plug-in and you need to use a MOTU Firewire interface to use it. But I really don't think it's that much money. I'll have to take a look see if I can find a price. It wouldn't necessarily be odd you won't find a price there though... search Sweetwater or something.

Wait... I'll go look...

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Volta" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's your answer: $199.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
midiw

Post by midiw »

Thank you Sir.

Software + hardware is way to much monies for me now.

Although maybe Santa may drop it down the chimney...
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

midiw wrote:Thank you Sir.

Software + hardware is way to much monies for me now.

Although maybe Santa may drop it down the chimney...
Do what you like. I'm not a salesman nor work for MOTU, so I posted these videos for informational purposes. Whether you buy anything or not doesn't really matter to me.

midiw

Post by midiw »

I am very sorry i upset you. My posting was just my honest reaction, I never realized that i had to buy MOTU's hardware to run their software however now it makes sense, i guess. I am grateful for your heads-up about the requiremnts. Reminds me of getting myself involved with ProTools software a few years ago which required special ProTools hardware to work.

I know you are not a sales person for MOTU or SweetWater: i am not that stupid because that's how you made me feel with your remarks.

Anyway, that's the end for me and thanks for your help. Since you are the site admin if you wish you are welcome to remove my posts from this thread.
KEVORKIAN

Post by KEVORKIAN »

midiw wrote:I am very sorry i upset you. My posting was just my honest reaction, I never realized that i had to buy MOTU's hardware to run their software however now it makes sense, i guess. I am grateful for your heads-up about the requiremnts. Reminds me of getting myself involved with ProTools software a few years ago which required special ProTools hardware to work.

I know you are not a sales person for MOTU or SweetWater: i am not that stupid because that's how you made me feel with your remarks.

Anyway, that's the end for me and thanks for your help. Since you are the site admin if you wish you are welcome to remove my posts from this thread.
You don't need MOTU's hardware to run Volta.

Any interface with DC-Coupled outputs can support sending the control voltage signals to a hardware CV-Input.

MOTU happens to DC-Couple most if not all of their hardware, but YMMV where other manufacturers are concerned. There is no lock-in.
dp7.2 || os 10.6.7 || 2x2.8 (eight core) intel mac pro, 16gb ram || metric halo uln-8 || motu traveler || euphonix mc control || waves mercury || abbey road bundle || mh channelstrip || toontrack sd 2.0, ez drummer, drumtracker || addictive drums || drumcore 3 || ni komplete 5 || reason || bidule || altiverb 6 || omnisphere, stylus RMX || melodyne 3.2 || stillwell || soundtoys || nomad factory|| psp || mpressor || dsm ||
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I didn't think you were stupid so no need to be dramatic! For some reason you mentioned to me that you didn't want to spend the money right now, so I was trying to make it clear that I'm not trying to SELL anything. Whether you buy it or not doesn't matter to me.

Also, as has been pointed out, apparently you can use other brands of interfaces.

Floran
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by Floran »

audio handled by Mackie boards and Audiophile 2496.
DigitalPerformer 8,FinalCutPr0 X,LogicProX,Finale2014,Sibelius7.5 :| :| :|