Not working in Snow Leopard

Moderator: James Steele

mz9bzero

Re: Not working in Snow Leopard

Post by mz9bzero »

Just wanted to add my disgust about motu:

"Ethno Instrument version 1 compatibility with Snow Leopard is not planned at this time."

Rest assured I am passing this info on to all and sundry . . .

cheers
rishi
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by rishi »

:twisted: MOTU :evil:
rodger1811
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by rodger1811 »

mz9bzero wrote:Just wanted to add my disgust about motu:

"Ethno Instrument version 1 compatibility with Snow Leopard is not planned at this time."

Rest assured I am passing this info on to all and sundry . . .

cheers
This is VERY OLD information so I don't get your point? Ethno 2 is the latest version and it works GREAT with Snow Leopard. I can't emphasize enough the importance of researching a product first...... MOTU has addressed this issue with Ethno 2 so if you want to use Ethno 1, use Leopard and stop blaming MOTU for your lack or research.
Mid 2012 Mac Pro 12 Core 2.4GHz, 24G RAM, OSX 10.8.2, DP 8.01
4x2 TB Hard Drives
APOGEE Symphony
MOTU 2408 mk3
MOTU HD192/Black Lion Modified
MOTU 24I/Ox2
MOTU MIDI Timepiece
Universal Audio UAD-2 Quad x 2
Universal Audio (Entire Plugin Library)
Waves Mercury+ Studio Classics
Tons of other goodies; to many to mention here
mz9bzero

Post by mz9bzero »

thank you,

indeed you are correct.

However, support said "wait . . . " a long time ago , this is old.

I apologies for sharing my comments.
rishi

Post by rishi »

What about the original ethno 1 users who were left stranded for months without being able to use any ethno instrument, only to be shafted with a $179 upgrade fee when ethno 2 came out.

If you are buying ethno2 now you will be fine .... now..... but wait until OSX10.7 comes out .... you may be shafted like ethno 1 users.

Once bitten twice shy
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

rishi wrote:I think its unbelievable poor form to leave customers stranded with an unworkable Ethno1 for months and then expect them to pay USD179 to upgrade to Ethno2.

A free upgrade to Ethno2 should be the absolute minimum on offer after being stranded with nothing for months
Correct me if I'm wrong, but am I to understand that you can download UVI Workstation for free and use all the Ethno 1 instruments with no problem? Granted it's not ideal, but if true, why not do that?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
rishi

Post by rishi »

James Steele wrote:
rishi wrote:I think its unbelievable poor form to leave customers stranded with an unworkable Ethno1 for months and then expect them to pay USD179 to upgrade to Ethno2.

A free upgrade to Ethno2 should be the absolute minimum on offer after being stranded with nothing for months
Correct me if I'm wrong, but am I to understand that you can download UVI Workstation for free and use all the Ethno 1 instruments with no problem? Granted it's not ideal, but if true, why not do that?
Thanks for the tip. I did try that but I didnt really like the way it worked so I sold my copy on eBay. Bought some sample libraries instead. Dont have to worry about upgrades with those.

I still feel like having a whinge now and then though ;-)
jborum

Post by jborum »

I'm a late and cautious adopter of new operating systems because "upgrade" usually means "up yours". :lol: Have I discerned properly that Ethno 1 will never work in OSX 10.6 without a wrapper or additional patch of some kind?

I miss hardware modules. It used to be that when you bought sounds you owned them for life. Now it's like a 3 year lease with subscription fees after that, and somehow we all bought into the subscription model.
— Jeremy Borum

Composer & Orchestrator: http://www.JeremyBorum.com
Author: http://www.GuerrillaFilmScoring.com