Have you heard of her...?

For discussion of the music business in general

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
For discussion of the music business in general from studio administration, contracts, artist promotion, gigging, etc.
csiaudio
Primary DAW OS: MacOS
Location: Indiana; Where the corn is tall and the women are wide!

Have you heard of her...?

Post by csiaudio »

Nikki Yanofsky - she's Canadian, 16 and was born to sing jazz! I got turned on to her music from my brother with a DVD of when she was 13 performing live and the kid just blew me away!! At 13 to pull of what she was doing was simply amazing - she has inspired my 13 year old daughter who sings very well too. So now at 16 she just came out with a new CD and she is just remarkable - kind of kid where you look forward to what she can do when she's in her twenties. In addition the CD wasn't smashed in mastering so it's very listenable. You can tell that most if not all was recorded without a bunch of punching it. From a sonic technical stand point it's a great sounding CD. Check her out she is well worth the purchase in my opinion...and no, I'm not affiliated with her in anyway just thought I'd mention a remarkable artist.

I did also post this on Gearslutz for the many music lovers there too.
Capturing the Colors of Sound!

Mac Mini M1 2020 -- DP 11.2 -- Universal Audio Apollo Quad -- Apollo Twin -- SPL Kultube Compressor -- Slate Virtual Mic -- Eve SC207's w/KRK Sub
Dwetmaster

Re: Have you heard of her...?

Post by Dwetmaster »

Her guitar player is a great friend of mine. She has a great band...
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHZ 16GB RAM OSX10.8.3
MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 2011 OSX10.8.3
896mk3, BLA Modded 896HD, BLA Microclock, MTP-AV, Yamaha KX-8, CME VX-7 Mackie Ctrl, megadrum, Presonus C-S,
DP8.04, Bidule, M5 3, Ethno 2, BPM 1.5 Kontakt4, BFD2, SD2, Omnisphere, Wave Arts P-S5, Altiverb7, PSP VW & OldTimer, VB3, Ivory 2 Grand, True Pianos, Ozone 5, Reason 4, AmpliTube3, Bla bla bla...
A few El & Ac basses & Guitars, Hammond A-100.
csiaudio
Location: Indiana; Where the corn is tall and the women are wide!

Re: Have you heard of her...?

Post by csiaudio »

Dwet that is very cool - he must be extremely good at his craft also! Yeah she is a talent and obviously born to sing. She seems like a kid with her head on straight considering she's in the 'industry'too. Hope she can maintain that.
Capturing the Colors of Sound!

Mac Mini M1 2020 -- DP 11.2 -- Universal Audio Apollo Quad -- Apollo Twin -- SPL Kultube Compressor -- Slate Virtual Mic -- Eve SC207's w/KRK Sub