Play engine DP & DAE

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
bkinkel
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Play engine DP & DAE

Post by bkinkel »

Has anyone found a successful way to combine these three things?

I have a Pro Tools HD3 system and have been using DP for years as the front end.

I recently bought Ministry of Rock as my first foray into using the Play engine & was very disappointed to find it didn't work in this mode. It seems to work fine in Pro Tools & DP runs it fine when using MAS.... but DP & DAE nothing - it appears to load & I get a blank screen where the Play controls should be.

Has anyone found a working combination DAE version, Mac OS version & DP version? I've tried all the combinations I can think of, up to DAE 8.01 and Snow Leopard 10.6.2 & DP 7.11, back to DAE 7.4, 10.5.8 & DP 6...

Any suggestions?

thanks

Bob
tripit@earthlink.net
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Play engine DP & DAE

Post by tripit@earthlink.net »

Nope. Unfortunately, Play doesn't work with DP/DAE in any combo. Some kind of major GUI issue that needs to be addressed by either EW or MOTU. Play is a pain that way. It doesn't work with VEPro either.

I've had to resort to using Play in Bidule and pipe the audio back out the native digital and back into my 192. It's that or use it in stand alone and route the audio the same way.
n2mpujack

Post by n2mpujack »

tripit@earthlink.net wrote:Nope. Unfortunately, Play doesn't work with DP/DAE in any combo. Some kind of major GUI issue that needs to be addressed by either EW or MOTU. Play is a pain that way. It doesn't work with VEPro either.

I've had to resort to using Play in Bidule and pipe the audio back out the native digital and back into my 192. It's that or use it in stand alone and route the audio the same way.
tripit - not to hijack the thread, but otherwise how's it working out with DP and PT 8.0.3? And did you move to Snow Leopard yet?
tripit@earthlink.net
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by tripit@earthlink.net »

n2mpujack wrote:
tripit@earthlink.net wrote:Nope. Unfortunately, Play doesn't work with DP/DAE in any combo. Some kind of major GUI issue that needs to be addressed by either EW or MOTU. Play is a pain that way. It doesn't work with VEPro either.

tripit - not to hijack the thread, but otherwise how's it working out with DP and PT 8.0.3? And did you move to Snow Leopard yet?
It's been great - I haven't boot up tiger in months. I'm using it everyday, scoring films. I do have it in SL as well. I use SL on some newer projects, but I have several large ongoing scores that I'm keeping in 10.5 and 8.0.3 until they are completed. I'll probably make more use of SL as things become more 64bit.