Surround Mixing Tiger

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
Aramis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Surround Mixing Tiger

Post by Aramis »

Hello All !!!
I own a Pair of surround headphone made by Sony called Virtual Phones .... and a PowerMac G5 ...
I was hoping to be abble to use this setup to listen Dolby 5.1 and DTS but it does not work out ....
In the Tiger audio config panel I see that there may be something about surround in the speaker setup .....but it is grayed on me ....
Anyone using this yet ....
I am searching a solution for this ....
Thanks ...
Marcel Jacque
Quebec Canada :D
iMac 2012 27 ' 3.2 ghz 32 gigs ram OSX 10.9.4 DigitalPerformer 8.7 , MOTU Track 16, MOTU MachFive3.2, Ethno and BPM , Komplete 9, OmniSphere , Trilian and Stylus RMX , Axon mkII and Godin LG .
buddhabelly
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Surround Mixing Tiger

Post by buddhabelly »

Originally posted by Aramis:
Hello All !!!
I own a Pair of surround headphone made by Sony called Virtual Phones .... and a PowerMac G5 ...
I was hoping to be abble to use this setup to listen Dolby 5.1 and DTS but it does not work out ....
In the Tiger audio config panel I see that there may be something about surround in the speaker setup .....but it is grayed on me ....
Anyone using this yet ....
I am searching a solution for this ....
Thanks ...
Marcel Jacque
Quebec Canada :D
From the description I've read on those cans, simply plug plug in a TOSlink cable to the digital output of the g5 to the headphone base. The DD5.1 and DTS signal will be passed through to the headphone base and be decoded there.
Aramis

Post by Aramis »

Nop !!!
It does not work that way ....
Aramis
iMac 2012 27 ' 3.2 ghz 32 gigs ram OSX 10.9.4 DigitalPerformer 8.7 , MOTU Track 16, MOTU MachFive3.2, Ethno and BPM , Komplete 9, OmniSphere , Trilian and Stylus RMX , Axon mkII and Godin LG .
buddhabelly
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by buddhabelly »

Originally posted by Aramis:
Nop !!!
It does not work that way ....
Aramis
If not then your hosed. DVDPlayer can only pass-thru the encoded signal. It cannot decode and output the separate channels.

What kind of inputs do the headphones have?
Aramis

Post by Aramis »

Unfortunately , only optical ..... :mad: