old and new drivers for pci 324 not working

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
Cannonball
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

old and new drivers for pci 324 not working

Post by Cannonball »

So i was having all kinds of problems with the latest driver for the 324 like it would not recognize my 1224 sometimes and sometimes it would and it would lock up on the screen and whatnot. so I took the advice of alot of people on in this forum and got the march 26th drivers and they didn't work. it said that the drivers were corrupted or somthing. so i got even older ones I think the were feb 22....same problem. Any suggestions would be greatly apprectiated.

I'm thinking maybe i just downloaded bad drivers so if anyone has the march 26th drivers i'd appreciate it if you would email me them. roejoebuck@yahoo.com

thanks
joe
Tonio
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: old and new drivers for pci 324 not working

Post by Tonio »

did you try dumping .plist?

T
Mac Studio MAX 2TB/ 64GB RAM / DP11.2 / 828ES//
MP 5.1 3.33- 3 duo / OS10.14.6 / RX580 /DP10.13/828ES
tubanick
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: old and new drivers for pci 324 not working

Post by tubanick »

Cannonball.

May not be related, as I don't know what computer you're running, but try switching the PCI-324 card into another PCI slot. My Umax s900 (w/G3 upgrade) didn't play well with the card at first. Freezing on shutdown (!) etc. Upgrading to new drivers didn't help, so I took my s900 apart, checked online for any applicable software/firmware updates (CPU upgrade/host cards) upgraded where ness. and reassembled. Ironically, I think simply switching the PCI 324 card to slot #2 (which was part of the "take apart/put together" master plan) did the trick!

Good luck. :cool: