**UPDATED**: What and HOW to Post Here

Moderators: James Steele, Shooshie

Forum rules
This forum is being developed and is intended as intended as a place to bring together various Digital Performer video tutorials. Currently only YouTube videos may be embedded using the [YouTube] BB code.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

**UPDATED**: What and HOW to Post Here

Post by James Steele »

Okay everyone... a NEW forum that I think may be quite useful. This is for posting Digital Performer tutorial videos. I've started the forum off with a tutorial video I made in 2007 on using the Slip Tool for Vocal Alignment and posted on YouTube. You do not have to have created the tutorial yourself. It may be anything you discovered and found useful. Right now only embedding YouTube video is supported by the use of a new BB Code that you will see above the edit window when creating your post. The tag is [YouTube]

To embed the video with the [YouTube] BB Code, you don't use the entire URL of the YouTube video, just the specific video ID. When you go to the page with the YouTube video that you want to embed, look up at the URL. The video ID is are the characters shown in the graphic below:

UPDATED as of 8/12/16:
The syntax has been greatly simplified. All you need to do is put the video ID between the YouTube tags like so:

Code: Select all

[YouTube]tboTpOjH8k4[/YouTube]
The easiest way to do this is copy and then paste the video ID in the body of your message, then double-click the video ID text to select it, then click the "YouTube" BB code button at that top right of the message editor and it will add the tags for you.

The size now defaults to 560x316. This will fit inside the framing of the board message area. If a user wants to see it larger they can click the link on the video to watch the video directly at the YouTube site.

Please note, I reserve the right to delete duplicate posts (that is if you've posted the same video someone else has) and also to delete video that is the content is inappropriate or I don't feel it's truly related to DP as well as make minor edits and adjustments for uniformity of style as this forum evolves. Thanks!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

RE: Click To Flash

Post by James Steele »

For those using the ClickToFlash utility, you may wish to right-click the little utility icon in the upper left of the screen ClickToFlash shows you in lieu of Flash Video and choose "Add www.motunation.com to Whitelist" from the menu. From that point on Flash Video on this site will automatically appear.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Sean Kenny

Re: What and How to Post Here

Post by Sean Kenny »

Thanks for that instruction James

Just successfully posted a vid of me tuning a vocal in DP using DP's pitch automation. I absolutely love this feature and just don't get why more DP users don't shout about, it's the boll***s! It really is

Regards

Sean Kenny - Intonational Rescue
Mac Pro 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram 1867 MHz DDR3 ECC - OS X 10.12.4 - DP 9.13 - RME HDSPe Madi card - iz ADA converters 24 i/o - Antelope Orion 32 i/o - Audient desk - Miller & Kreisel Monitors - Wunder Mic Pre's x 8 - very understanding wife!
http://www.ten21recordingstudios.co.uk/
TorillWenche

Re: **UPDATED**: What and HOW to Post Here

Post by TorillWenche »

Thank for the rules and also for helping me to know what and how to post here. I will try posting my tutorial video later.