Pettinhouse Acoustic Guitar - awesome

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
zed
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Pettinhouse Acoustic Guitar - awesome

Post by zed »

Armageddon wrote:...and when I went to RealStrat's channel strip in the Mixing Board, what do I discover? VI instrument tracks all have panning built into their channel strips. I guess I'd always assumed that stereo VI tracks were like regular stereo audio tracks, and lacked pan controls, but I tried hard-panning RealStrat with the DP's pan knob and sure enough, it works like a charm. I assume this has been a feature since DP 4 or so? Good thing it wasn't a snake, I'd be dead right now.
Yeah... I almost brought this up when you were talking about that last week, but I thought maybe you were taking issue with the way DP handles the panning of VIs versus a specific mono summing that could (or should) be handled in the VI.

But that's how I pan RealGuitar2... sometimes hard left or hard right in the V-Rack (if I am going for a Beatley sort of thing).
MacPro 2.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon | 14 GB RAM | OS 10.11.6 | DP 8
Armageddon
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Pettinhouse Acoustic Guitar - awesome

Post by Armageddon »

zed wrote:[Yeah... I almost brought this up when you were talking about that last week, but I thought maybe you were taking issue with the way DP handles the panning of VIs versus a specific mono summing that could (or should) be handled in the VI.

But that's how I pan RealGuitar2... sometimes hard left or hard right in the V-Rack (if I am going for a Beatley sort of thing).
Up until now, I've been doing my hard panning for bouncing to mono within whatever VI I'm recording, like PLAY's MOR guitars or Kontakt 3, so it was a feature I never even checked out, I just assumed Instrument tracks were stereo only and lacked the ability to be panned by channel strip controls. It'll certain make, say, recording an instance of RealGuitar 2L within a full VI mix a lot easier!
Mid- 2012 MacBook Pro Quad-core i7 2.7 GHz/16 GB RAM/2 TB SSD (primary)/1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (secondary) • OS X 10.14.6 • DP 11.1 • Pro Tools 12.8.1 • Acoustica Pro 7.4.0 • Avid MBox Pro 3G • Korg K61 • IMDb Page