Disabling Plug Ins Question

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
csiaudio
Primary DAW OS: MacOS
Location: Indiana; Where the corn is tall and the women are wide!

Disabling Plug Ins Question

Post by csiaudio »

Hi,

Recently my DP system (7.02) has an awful lag (saving, some edits, clicking between Open Office and then DP) and I was going to do some trouble shooting soon. I have a question; if I use the disable plugins feature in the DP preferences does DP then look at it as if those plugs don't exist? The goal is to see if any of the recent plugs that I have added are causing issues. In the past I would have to remove the plugs components from the system plugin folder but if DP will look at it the same when using the DP preferences than that would be more simplistic to turn them off one at a time.

Thanks.
Capturing the Colors of Sound!

Mac Mini M1 2020 -- DP 11.2 -- Universal Audio Apollo Quad -- Apollo Twin -- SPL Kultube Compressor -- Slate Virtual Mic -- Eve SC207's w/KRK Sub
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Disabling Plug Ins Question

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I believe the whole point of the feature in DP is to lighten the load on the CPU.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
csiaudio
Location: Indiana; Where the corn is tall and the women are wide!

Post by csiaudio »

Ok that makes sense...so do you or anyone know if there a better way to do what I want done?
Capturing the Colors of Sound!

Mac Mini M1 2020 -- DP 11.2 -- Universal Audio Apollo Quad -- Apollo Twin -- SPL Kultube Compressor -- Slate Virtual Mic -- Eve SC207's w/KRK Sub
jroadrage
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by jroadrage »

I would assume that it works that way but I'd run it by MOTU just to be on the safe side, I guess it only matters if disabling any of the plugs doesn't make any difference. If you restart and open DP without Open Office do you still have the same lag, that could be the culprit, could also be that you're session is corrupted.

btw thats the best avatar ever, is he a Logic user? :D
John Rodriguez - Composer for Media
Mac Pro 2.8, 14 GB RAM, 10.6.1, i7 920, 12 GB RAM, Windows 7
DP7.02, VE PRO Public Beta, Bidule 0.9695, Altiverb 6, Ozone 3
Vienna Instruments, Kontakt 3.5, PLAY 1.2.5, Spectrasonics Bundle