AmpGUI DP Themes (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
sdfalk
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: AmpGUI7 (always updating first post)

Post by sdfalk »

amplidood wrote:
sdfalk wrote:Subtle use of colour and shading...gorgeous.
I've posted before how I've used variations on your designs, but that's
the first one I'd use completely as is.
..For what it's worth.
Man, thanks for that.

Dude...for all the work you must put in to this stuff..thanks
is the least any of can offer.
Now that you've made that little lust mixer dejour..when
might you be releasing it?
A 2018 Mac mini with 16 gb of ram
HUGE bunch o' AU instruments/fx...
A Metric Halo ULN8-3D…mmmmmmm
Remember to eat all your fruits and vegetables!
My OS is The amazingly gratuitous 10.14
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

It's the moment you've all been waiting for.....Simple 1.0.
KEVORKIAN

Post by KEVORKIAN »

amplidood... this is a work of art.

MOTU should have shipped it this way. Looking at the regular color scheme seems ridiculous to me now. I owe you many many beers.
dp7.2 || os 10.6.7 || 2x2.8 (eight core) intel mac pro, 16gb ram || metric halo uln-8 || motu traveler || euphonix mc control || waves mercury || abbey road bundle || mh channelstrip || toontrack sd 2.0, ez drummer, drumtracker || addictive drums || drumcore 3 || ni komplete 5 || reason || bidule || altiverb 6 || omnisphere, stylus RMX || melodyne 3.2 || stillwell || soundtoys || nomad factory|| psp || mpressor || dsm ||
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

amplidood wrote:It's the moment you've all been waiting for.....Simple 1.0.
Dude... screen capture looks AWESOME! I literally going to RUN to the studio soon as I post this message to go download this mod to my DAW computer!! Awesome work man!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Amplidood... I just loaded it up... very cool man!!

Two comments/observations/suggestions:

1) It does indeed suck that in "kVertLevelMeterIconSet_PictID.png" MOTU only gives a fader cap graphic for solo, and active, but none for the "mute" state, because ideally, it would be killer if the fader caps "ghosted" for muted tracks. It would still convey fader position, but they eye is not drawn to muted channels.

2) This ghosted fader caps concept (I like to think I helped with that idea) really is validated after installing this mod. When you hit "solo" there is absolutely no mistaking which tracks we are listening to! Again... kills me there is no separate graphic as stated in #1 for the "muted" status. I'm going to write to MOTU and ask that they change this and adopt this ghosted fader idea ASAP. Far as I know, I don't think other DAWs have jumped on this and with the translucency ability PNG brings, it's an idea that has come. I predict we'll see this elsewhere soon.

3) On final suggestion. I also did this with my Mixing Board mod (http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... =1&t=31306)... but there is a special graphic just for when a VI is on a channel insert in the mixing board. It is contained in "kMixingBoardSoloMuteIconSet_PictID.png" and is the pair of yellow insert ovals about a third of the way down just below the translucent black bar. Is it possible that you could make these match the 3D appearance of the other inserts? Also, perhaps a tiny bit brighter yellow to "pop" and show when a VI is in a strip?

Again... great work man!!

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

James Steele wrote:Amplidood... I just loaded it up... very cool man!!

3) On final suggestion. I also did this with my Mixing Board mod (http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... =1&t=31306)... but there is a special graphic just for when a VI is on a channel insert in the mixing board. It is contained in "kMixingBoardSoloMuteIconSet_PictID.png" and is the pair of yellow insert ovals about a third of the way down just below the translucent black bar. Is it possible that you could make these match the 3D appearance of the other inserts? Also, perhaps a tiny bit brighter yellow to "pop" and show when a VI is in a strip?

Ooops. Added to my list of things still to do. Thanks!
jlaudon

Post by jlaudon »

This looks awesome! Thanks again for all your hard work on this - you're saving a lot of eyes :-).
MacBook Pro 2021 (M1 Ultra) with 64 gigs RAM. DP 11.23
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

amplidood wrote:
James Steele wrote:Amplidood... I just loaded it up... very cool man!!

Ooops. Added to my list of things still to do. Thanks!
Hehehe... oh yeah, and here's a little tiny thing that'll make you want to slap my overly detail oriented head... but in your install folder, there is no Step 3. :) It could be a Holy Grail thing. :D

sdfalk

Post by sdfalk »

This mod is (almost) exactly how I wanted DP (6 and on) to look in the first
place.
Well done
A 2018 Mac mini with 16 gb of ram
HUGE bunch o' AU instruments/fx...
A Metric Halo ULN8-3D…mmmmmmm
Remember to eat all your fruits and vegetables!
My OS is The amazingly gratuitous 10.14
KEVORKIAN

Post by KEVORKIAN »

sdfalk wrote:This mod is (almost) exactly how I wanted DP (6 and on) to look in the first
place.
Well done
+1

I also really like the Gold Skin and I didn't think I would. It's very easy on the eyes.
dp7.2 || os 10.6.7 || 2x2.8 (eight core) intel mac pro, 16gb ram || metric halo uln-8 || motu traveler || euphonix mc control || waves mercury || abbey road bundle || mh channelstrip || toontrack sd 2.0, ez drummer, drumtracker || addictive drums || drumcore 3 || ni komplete 5 || reason || bidule || altiverb 6 || omnisphere, stylus RMX || melodyne 3.2 || stillwell || soundtoys || nomad factory|| psp || mpressor || dsm ||
KEVORKIAN

Post by KEVORKIAN »

Amplidood... have you given any thought to editing the DP icons to match your skins?
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Hi Amplidood. I found one little thing that looks like it might be a glitch. Looks like a small 1 pixel offset vertically and horizontally on one of the buttons. Here's the picture:

Do you see the little yellow "highlight" on the first button when looking left to right just to the left of 48|1|000?

amplidood

Post by amplidood »

James Steele wrote:Hi Amplidood. I found one little thing that looks like it might be a glitch. Looks like a small 1 pixel offset vertically and horizontally on one of the buttons. Here's the picture:

Do you see the little yellow "highlight" on the first button when looking left to right just to the left of 48|1|000?
Yeah I think that's linked to a DefaultStyle parameter. I nailed it in the other mods, will do so here too.
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

KEVORKIAN wrote:Amplidood... have you given any thought to editing the DP icons to match your skins?
Not a bad idea.
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

Wow. :shock:
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4