Take That! You MOTU Fanboys!

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
cuttime
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Take That! You MOTU Fanboys!

Post by cuttime »

:wink:

http://www.macworld.com/article/143491/ ... steps.html

(I have lots of comments that I'd like to add here, but I shall refrain because I don't want my post to be deleted before the previous article has been read... perhaps later when the ironic tone of this post has been fully established!)
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
funkyfreddy

Re: Take That! You MOTU Fanboys!

Post by funkyfreddy »

I like it, although another topic heading might be a wee bit more appropriate :wink:

Godwin’s Law should be a required rule in all political debates, lol.
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 16 GB RAM OSX 11.2 Big Sur
UAD Apollo Quad DP11.22 some Waves, Soundtoys, Digital Performer 11.2, Reason 12, iZotope 11, and lots of real instruments to play :)
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

All my DP beliefs have been dashed against the rocks of Reason by your Logical storm :wink: (but I still enjoyed the article!)
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

HCMarkus wrote:All my DP beliefs have been dashed against the rocks of Reason by your Logical storm :wink:
And what facts could Cubase such a fallacious argument on?
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

cuttime wrote:And what facts could Cubase such a fallacious argument on?
You ask me to support my opinion? The Audacity! If you were here, I'd Deck you.
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

HCMarkus wrote:
DigiDesign that off the top of your head, or was that an EditTrack of consciousness?
davedempsey

Post by davedempsey »

Those who post in a peak of rage usually end up looking like 'tools.
Lots of stuff and a recently acquired ability to stop buying
burn em

Post by burn em »

davedempsey wrote:Those who post in a peak of rage usually end up looking like 'tools.
I've got a shovel.
Macbook Pro i7 17"-10.6.8 16Gb DP 7.24 ][ G5 dual 2 ghz pci, 4Gb-10.4.11 DP 7.12
Nomad Factory ][ Airwindows Gatelope (The best drums gate. buy it!) ][ Altiverb 6
MOTU 828 mkIII, 828 mkI x3, 8Pre ][ Apogee AD16, DA16 & Duet ][ MC Mix ][ API 3124+ ][ Toft ATB 24
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Cuttime, you're clearly overreaching in your fascist views; the whole argument reeks of Nazi overtones and Hit...

DOH!

I lost! :roll:

Shoosh
Last edited by Shooshie on Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Dont you guys no how to spel? Jeesh, and clean up you're grammer before you post hear.
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

cuttime wrote:
HCMarkus wrote:
DigiDesign that off the top of your head, or was that an EditTrack of consciousness?
Ah, the sweet Sonarity of verbal jousting.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

We're talking about comparisons in which we defend one platform over another based on little more than personal feelings. But are we sane to defend this behavior? No, Mad! FACT OR Even falsehood pass through the Filters of personal preference and become the stuff of Acoustic Legends. How many such stories do we read in forums like this? Trilians. We just don't FocusRite. This kind of wild speculation is a Quantum Leap from the Synergy that once enabled us to Evolve from our primitive Kore of analog based thinking to grow more in Kontakt with our Massive egos. The very Lexicon of superstitious audio mythology flows over people in Waves as they come up with imaginary Reason after Reason why Logic is the only Perception of value. We need more "N"ovation and less "N"uendo. We need to MakeMusic. And for that, little on this EarthWorks as well as DP. Well, Traveler, before you hit the Rode, I suggest you toss out the extraneous conjecture and pack UltraLite for the most important Mix of your life, and remember one thing for Shure; if you're going to B 1, you've got to be able to C 1. Some of you may be thinking BFD, but that's only the Final Cut before the Peak of the Manly egocentricities that got us to this lack of Vision. See you in the Ozone.

Ok. Marantz over.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Bill OC
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Bill OC »

Phil O wrote:Dont you guys no how to spel? Jeesh, and clean up you're grammer before you post hear.
Your so write.
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Shooshie wrote:We're talking about comparisons in which we defend one platform over another based on little more than personal feelings. But are we sane to defend this behavior? No, Mad! FACT OR Even falsehood pass through the Filters of personal preference and become the stuff of Acoustic Legends. How many such stories do we read in forums like this? Trilians. We just don't FocusRite. This kind of wild speculation is a Quantum Leap from the Synergy that once enabled us to Evolve from our primitive Kore of analog based thinking to grow more in Kontakt with our Massive egos. The very Lexicon of superstitious audio mythology flows over people in Waves as they come up with imaginary Reason after Reason why Logic is the only Perception of value. We need more "N"ovation and less "N"uendo. We need to MakeMusic. And for that, little on this EarthWorks as well as DP. Well, Traveler, before you hit the Rode, I suggest you toss out the extraneous conjecture and pack UltraLite for the most important Mix of your life, and remember one thing for Shure; if you're going to B 1, you've got to be able to C 1. Some of you may be thinking BFD, but that's only the Final Cut before the Peak of the Manly egocentricities that got us to this lack of Vision. See you in the Ozone.

Ok. Marantz over.

Shoosh
What hath Cuttime wrought?
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

HCMarkus wrote: What hath Cuttime wrought?
Mea culpa. Morse so, the bel tolls for me. The negative feedback about my bias that I pickup has amplified the forum's assertion of my abuse of the word. Clock the frequency of these abuses, and one can see these impedances increase logarithmically. Fouriers I have come to these forums and enjoyed your trust, so it Hertz me deeply that I can't attenuate the problem's root. "Mean Square", you are probably thinking, "This doesn't phase him the least significant bit!", and this synthesis is probably right. Watt to do to coax positive overtones and get a pass. Band together and reverberate the gain that may SMPTE sum samplings as a great limiter and equalizer. Please accept my apologetic input.