AmpGUI DP Themes (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Tritonemusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: AmpGUI7 (always updating first post)

Post by Tritonemusic »

That is really easy on the eyes. Great work.
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

amplidood wrote:...and set the prefs to "use track color for waveform." Seriously, my eyes bought me flowers.
Yeah... even in the standard DP GUI, I've always used the "use track color for waveform" option out of all of them as after some experimenting, I really found that was the best one for me overall.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
KEVORKIAN

Post by KEVORKIAN »

Just downloaded and installed Gold and all I can say is thank you!!!
dp7.2 || os 10.6.7 || 2x2.8 (eight core) intel mac pro, 16gb ram || metric halo uln-8 || motu traveler || euphonix mc control || waves mercury || abbey road bundle || mh channelstrip || toontrack sd 2.0, ez drummer, drumtracker || addictive drums || drumcore 3 || ni komplete 5 || reason || bidule || altiverb 6 || omnisphere, stylus RMX || melodyne 3.2 || stillwell || soundtoys || nomad factory|| psp || mpressor || dsm ||
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

I'm changing my nick to AmpliFREAKINGOBSESSEDdood...

Gold Complete 1.4 posted...

To anyone I've not responded to lately, thank you so much for all the kind words and good suggestions. This is a massive learning experience for me and I feel I've grown in ways I'd never imagined. You've all been perfect gentlemen and I appreciate the spirit of all your communication.
Last edited by amplidood on Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rthorderson
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by rthorderson »

rthorderson wrote:...is there anything you can do to get the edges of the clock gradients in Control Panel to match?
Fixed...niiiiiiice!
Randy Thorderson
www.randythorderson.com

Ξ DP8.0 Ξ OS X 10.8.4 64-bit on SSD Ξ MacPro3.1 8-core 2.26GHz Ξ 18GB Ram Ξ 2408mkII w/ 424e Ξ
Ξ NI: Kontakt 5.0, Scarbee (MM, Jay, Pre), AK Piano, B4 II Ξ RealGuitar 3.0 Ξ ModArt Pianoteq Studio 4 Ξ
Ξ Garritan GPO4 & JABB3 Ξ Vir2 Mojo 1.2.1 Ξ Arturia V-Collection, Analog Factory, Analog Lab Ξ MX4 2.2 Ξ
Ξ MachFive3 Ξ Superior Drummer 2 Ξ SSD 3.5 Ξ NomadFactory ProdPack II Ξ Sonalksis Multi-Limit Ξ VEP5 Ξ
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Dark Complete 1.0 posted...
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Something Simple this way comes....

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

amplidood wrote:Something Simple this way comes....

Wow... I like that so far. If you're going to do a greyscale revamp that is with the same vibe as DP but more refined, I'm very excited... especially with the shot of the control panel!

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
newrigel

Post by newrigel »

New aux knob that brightens with gain.
Now that's really needed because it's hard to just look real quick @ those small knobs and see where they are... brighter means more... great idea there!
I don't know how many steps of hue you put in there but your the GUI GURU!
Nice feature man!
What would really be nice is a color coded aux knob... the more it's up the color changes from green, yellow, to orange, to red... like a VU.
I use a ton of auxes and it gets tedious looking @ those damn little knobs because thats really where I'm mixing from when I do pre fader groups.
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

I just discovered the Dark Complete archive was incomplete. Irony right. Fixed.
davedempsey

Post by davedempsey »

now that is good Amplidood, that is very good.
Lots of stuff and a recently acquired ability to stop buying
Bill OC

Post by Bill OC »

davedempsey wrote:

now that is good Amplidood, that is very good.
+1

Crisp, clean. Right on the money.

But you're doing the work, Amplidood--I'm just in the appreciative peanut gallery.
tripit@earthlink.net

Post by tripit@earthlink.net »

I like this one. Not too dark, very nice. If you ever get the chance, a blue one would very cool:)
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Honestly I'm very excited about Amplidood's "Simple" concept if the control panel is any indication. I personally think that the standard GUI wouldn't be so bad if specifically the mixing board were uncluttered and they just perhaps darkened a few things and refined some of the graphics... some smoother antialiased buttons etc, and less jaggies here and there. Some aspects of the DP 7.01 stock GUI just seem to need a little "polish" without completely throwing out the whole thing.

Bill OC

Post by Bill OC »

James Steele wrote:Honestly I'm very excited about Amplidood's "Simple" concept if the control panel is any indication. I personally think that the standard GUI wouldn't be so bad if specifically the mixing board were uncluttered and they just perhaps darkened a few things and refined some of the graphics... some smoother antialiased buttons etc, and less jaggies here and there. Some aspects of the DP 7.01 stock GUI just seem to need a little "polish" without completely throwing out the whole thing.
That's basically it IMO, James.