It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:09 am

Text Size

AmpGUI DP Themes (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderators: James Steele, Shooshie

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."

Re: AmpGUI7 (always updating first post)

Postby Tritonemusic » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:01 pm

That is really easy on the eyes. Great work.
DP 7.24, UltraLite, MicroLite, OS 10.6.8, Mac Pro 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 8 GB RAM, 7200 RPM System Drive, 10,000 RPM WD Velociraptor Audio Drive, 10,000 RPM WD Raptor BFD2.2 Drive,
Etc., etc.
Tritonemusic

Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Postby James Steele » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:56 pm

amplidood wrote:...and set the prefs to "use track color for waveform." Seriously, my eyes bought me flowers.

Yeah... even in the standard DP GUI, I've always used the "use track color for waveform" option out of all of them as after some experimenting, I really found that was the best one for me overall.
JamesSteele.com | Dean Guitars | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

MacPro4,1 Quad-Core 2.66, 24GB RAM, OS 10.9.4, ATI 5770, DP 8.07, MOTU HD192, 24I/O, UAD-2 Duo, Lucid GENx192, HV-3C, Red Type B, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Postby KEVORKIAN » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:58 pm

Just downloaded and installed Gold and all I can say is thank you!!!
dp7.2 || os 10.6.7 || 2x2.8 (eight core) intel mac pro, 16gb ram || metric halo uln-8 || motu traveler || euphonix mc control || waves mercury || abbey road bundle || mh channelstrip || toontrack sd 2.0, ez drummer, drumtracker || addictive drums || drumcore 3 || ni komplete 5 || reason || bidule || altiverb 6 || omnisphere, stylus RMX || melodyne 3.2 || stillwell || soundtoys || nomad factory|| psp || mpressor || dsm ||
KEVORKIAN

Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Postby amplidood » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:44 am

I'm changing my nick to AmpliFREAKINGOBSESSEDdood...

Gold Complete 1.4 posted...

To anyone I've not responded to lately, thank you so much for all the kind words and good suggestions. This is a massive learning experience for me and I feel I've grown in ways I'd never imagined. You've all been perfect gentlemen and I appreciate the spirit of all your communication.
Last edited by amplidood on Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ampguimods.net andyselby.com themacdaddy
How do I like to work? Out of my "StudioInABag" of course; SwissGear laptop bag (awesome), MacBook Pro (4,1) 2.4ghz/4gb/500gb/Snow leopard, lots and lots of drives, Mbox2Pro, DP, PT, Logic (hardly touch it), Komplete, Reason, too many plugs and VI's to list, Akai LPK25, Korg nanoPAD, wireless keyboard/mouse, Sennheiser 650HD phones...basically i pull four cables out of the bag, hook to the laptop, and go!
amplidood

Postby rthorderson » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:49 pm

rthorderson wrote:...is there anything you can do to get the edges of the clock gradients in Control Panel to match?

Fixed...niiiiiiice!
Randy Thorderson
www.randythorderson.com

Ξ DP8.0 Ξ OS X 10.8.4 64-bit on SSD Ξ MacPro3.1 8-core 2.26GHz Ξ 18GB Ram Ξ 2408mkII w/ 424e Ξ
Ξ NI: Kontakt 5.0, Scarbee (MM, Jay, Pre), AK Piano, B4 II Ξ RealGuitar 3.0 Ξ ModArt Pianoteq Studio 4 Ξ
Ξ Garritan GPO4 & JABB3 Ξ Vir2 Mojo 1.2.1 Ξ Arturia V-Collection, Analog Factory, Analog Lab Ξ MX4 2.2 Ξ
Ξ MachFive3 Ξ Superior Drummer 2 Ξ SSD 3.5 Ξ NomadFactory ProdPack II Ξ Sonalksis Multi-Limit Ξ VEP5 Ξ
rthorderson

Postby amplidood » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:08 pm

Dark Complete 1.0 posted...
How do I like to work? Out of my "StudioInABag" of course; SwissGear laptop bag (awesome), MacBook Pro (4,1) 2.4ghz/4gb/500gb/Snow leopard, lots and lots of drives, Mbox2Pro, DP, PT, Logic (hardly touch it), Komplete, Reason, too many plugs and VI's to list, Akai LPK25, Korg nanoPAD, wireless keyboard/mouse, Sennheiser 650HD phones...basically i pull four cables out of the bag, hook to the laptop, and go!
amplidood

Postby amplidood » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:59 pm

Something Simple this way comes....

amplidood

Postby James Steele » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:14 pm

amplidood wrote:Something Simple this way comes....

Wow... I like that so far. If you're going to do a greyscale revamp that is with the same vibe as DP but more refined, I'm very excited... especially with the shot of the control panel!

MacPro4,1 Quad-Core 2.66, 24GB RAM, OS 10.9.4, ATI 5770, DP 8.07, MOTU HD192, 24I/O, UAD-2 Duo, Lucid GENx192, HV-3C, Red Type B, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Postby newrigel » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:34 pm

New aux knob that brightens with gain.

Now that's really needed because it's hard to just look real quick @ those small knobs and see where they are... brighter means more... great idea there!
I don't know how many steps of hue you put in there but your the GUI GURU!
Nice feature man!
What would really be nice is a color coded aux knob... the more it's up the color changes from green, yellow, to orange, to red... like a VU.
I use a ton of auxes and it gets tedious looking @ those damn little knobs because thats really where I'm mixing from when I do pre fader groups.
newrigel

Postby amplidood » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:30 am

I just discovered the Dark Complete archive was incomplete. Irony right. Fixed.
amplidood

Postby davedempsey » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:54 am

now that is good Amplidood, that is very good.
4 x 2.66, 12 gig, 10.6.8/ 4 Raptors & Firmtek 5 bay eSATA/ DP8.06/ Logic 8.02/ Eleven Rack Protools 9.05 / Peak Pro 6XT/ Waves Mercury + SSL/ Nomad Integral Bundle/ NI Komplete 8 Ult/ AAS Collection/ EWQLSO Play Plat Plus/ Plugsound/ Reason 6/ Apogee Rosetta 200, DA16X & Motu/ Lucid clock/TLA Ebony Series A2 & A4/ Peach Audio valve pres, Midas Venice F32
davedempsey

Postby Bill OC » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:13 am

davedempsey wrote:

now that is good Amplidood, that is very good.

+1

Crisp, clean. Right on the money.

But you're doing the work, Amplidood--I'm just in the appreciative peanut gallery.
Bill OC

Postby tripit@earthlink.net » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:24 pm

I like this one. Not too dark, very nice. If you ever get the chance, a blue one would very cool:)
tripit@earthlink.net

Postby James Steele » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:57 pm

Honestly I'm very excited about Amplidood's "Simple" concept if the control panel is any indication. I personally think that the standard GUI wouldn't be so bad if specifically the mixing board were uncluttered and they just perhaps darkened a few things and refined some of the graphics... some smoother antialiased buttons etc, and less jaggies here and there. Some aspects of the DP 7.01 stock GUI just seem to need a little "polish" without completely throwing out the whole thing.

James Steele
Site Administrator

Postby Bill OC » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:05 pm

James Steele wrote:Honestly I'm very excited about Amplidood's "Simple" concept if the control panel is any indication. I personally think that the standard GUI wouldn't be so bad if specifically the mixing board were uncluttered and they just perhaps darkened a few things and refined some of the graphics... some smoother antialiased buttons etc, and less jaggies here and there. Some aspects of the DP 7.01 stock GUI just seem to need a little "polish" without completely throwing out the whole thing.

That's basically it IMO, James.
Bill OC

PreviousNext

Return to Digital Performer [MacOS]: Usage, Techniques, Tips & Optimization