AmpGUI DP Themes (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
amplidood
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: AmpGUI7 (always updating first post)

Post by amplidood »

Delete
Last edited by amplidood on Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

amplidood wrote:GoldComplete 1.1 coming soon, then back to Dark...
Wow... very cool man! Like how you darkend empty measures in Sequence Editor. No luck on figuring out how to shade the empty measures in the Track Overview to match, huh? That would make a huge difference, because when you have the Track Overview open full on a large monitor like my 30"... the light grey still dominates and spoils the effect of the mod.

Not complaining man... you've done an incredible job here!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

James Steele wrote:
amplidood wrote:GoldComplete 1.1 coming soon, then back to Dark...
Wow... very cool man! Like how you darkend empty measures in Sequence Editor. No luck on figuring out how to shade the empty measures in the Track Overview to match, huh? That would make a huge difference, because when you have the Track Overview open full on a large monitor like my 30"... the light grey still dominates and spoils the effect of the mod.

Not complaining man... you've done an incredible job here!
Hey thanks man. I feel like it's really come a long way. I guess it's time just to go through the glogs one at a time to see if that TO is locked to one of them. Man, there's a lot of those things :(.
NYFC
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by NYFC »

Thanks for Gold... it takes me back the old days in P.A.R.I.S......
iMac 5k 4.0ghz 32gigs
3 Mac mini slaves
VSL,EastWest Hollywood, LASS, etc.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

NYFC wrote:Thanks for Gold... it takes me back the old days in P.A.R.I.S......
Ha! I knew it reminded me of something. Good ol' Ensoniq. I still have my EPS16+ module! :D
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Gold Complete 1.1 posted.... I think I'll take a break before I dive into making Dark Complete....
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Okay, NOW I'll take a break. Gold Complete 1.2...
rthorderson
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by rthorderson »

amplidood wrote:Okay, NOW I'll take a break. Gold Complete 1.2...
Please do...have you even USED DP7 yet???

When you happen to get the itch to do some tweaking again on the Gold, is there anything you can do to get the edges of the clock gradients in Control Panel to match? That vertical line gives an otherwise stellar hack job a slightly hacked look.

Thanks for your awesome work!!!
Randy Thorderson
www.randythorderson.com

Ξ DP8.0 Ξ OS X 10.8.4 64-bit on SSD Ξ MacPro3.1 8-core 2.26GHz Ξ 18GB Ram Ξ 2408mkII w/ 424e Ξ
Ξ NI: Kontakt 5.0, Scarbee (MM, Jay, Pre), AK Piano, B4 II Ξ RealGuitar 3.0 Ξ ModArt Pianoteq Studio 4 Ξ
Ξ Garritan GPO4 & JABB3 Ξ Vir2 Mojo 1.2.1 Ξ Arturia V-Collection, Analog Factory, Analog Lab Ξ MX4 2.2 Ξ
Ξ MachFive3 Ξ Superior Drummer 2 Ξ SSD 3.5 Ξ NomadFactory ProdPack II Ξ Sonalksis Multi-Limit Ξ VEP5 Ξ
jlaudon

Post by jlaudon »

I love the Gold mod - awesome job! Hope you don't mind one suggestion (from a guy with bad eyes :-)) - in the SE, the ruler and bar numbers are white, but what do you think about keeping them black like the TO?

Thanks again!
MacBook Pro 2021 (M1 Ultra) with 64 gigs RAM. DP 11.23
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Have downloaded the 3 gold versions in the first post. Will make three copies of DP in which to try them. Thank you for the time and effort you have put into this. I'd probably never get around to doing that, myself, as I'm pretty happy with the actual DP design at this point, but I see nothing wrong with using copies kind of like skins to vary the mood a bit. After all, when we practically live in this app, it's nice to try different things from time to time.

I'm looking forward to seeing them in action.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Hey guys,

I've got a little something for ya to make everyone's life easier. I've created a set of pictures that show the areas and items affected by the different parameters in Default_Style.xml. Customize to your heart's content!

http://b4.s3.p.quickshareit.com/files/d ... e040e6.zip
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

I am using the Gold, I like it a lot, good job. 8) :)

It would be cool if MOTU would have made a few choices like this one. Maybe they will give you some free stuff to help them on DP8.
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

twistedtom wrote:I am using the Gold, I like it a lot, good job. 8) :)

It would be cool if MOTU would have made a few choices like this one. Maybe they will give you some free stuff to help them on DP8.
I wouldn't turn 'em down. But I'm not gonna hold my breath either :)

New send idea....anyone game?

jlaudon

Post by jlaudon »

VERY nice send idea :D
MacBook Pro 2021 (M1 Ultra) with 64 gigs RAM. DP 11.23
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Okay. I've been struggling with the track color setup for a while now, since DP6. I know many of you have, too. With this new mod, I think I've figured out what's werkin for me now. My eyes are far more relaxed with this method. I control the background of the wave in the xml file, and set the prefs to "use track color for waveform." Seriously, my eyes bought me flowers.