Latest Drivers, Ultralite mk3, XP64 and Sonar 8PE

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
cragto
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Latest Drivers, Ultralite mk3, XP64 and Sonar 8PE

Post by cragto »

How well do the latest drivers (1410 or 1414) work with XP64 bit, Sonar 8 Producer and Ultralite Mk3? I have had rock solid performance and great sound over the past 8 months with the 1394 driver version. However, only the odd-numbered inputs show in drop down lists with the result that I have access to only four of the possible eight inputs. I have not had any instances where I needed more than four inputs and hesitated to try an updated driver because of solid performance. Will the updated driver allow me access to all eight inputs? What experience have you had with the latest driver?
Mark S

Re: Latest Drivers, Ultralite mk3, XP64 and Sonar 8PE

Post by Mark S »

Doesn't Sonar give you a choice of Left, Right, or Stereo on the inputs? I have the same thing with an older driver. I always thought the labeling was a windows idiosyncrasy since every interface I've used has done it this way.
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

It's a setting on sonars "Audio" preferences (down at the bottom of the 3rd tab) ....something like "Show mono inputs".

The latest drivers are great by the way. (but just not on windows 7 x64)
tycho

Post by tycho »

Sammy-
I have been having a lot of problems with the latest drivers with the 828MKII on Win7 x64... what older version of the drivers do you recommend using for this setup? Or did you just mean that there are no stable drivers for Windows 7x64 yet?