Sonar 8 & Utralite mk3 using ASIO input problem

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
yoraz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Sonar 8 & Utralite mk3 using ASIO input problem

Post by yoraz »

Hi peeps:

I am new here and I am afraid I am also a noob seeting up my system. I currently own a Ultralite mk3 and I use Sonar as my DAW in Windows XP-32 bit OS. When i set up the audio settings in Sonar using ASIO, the available inputs showing in there are all un-even numbers. For example ANALOG 1, ANALOG 3... 5, 7, etc. I currently have a mic in ANALOG 1 and a straight line to a guitar on Analog 2. Yesterday night i decided to record some tracks and.... well there I was unable to assign the ANAlog 2 input to the track. I tried a whole bunch of things and was unable to make it work. Anyways it was late and i decided to just switch the instrument line to the ANALOG 1 (front input of the mk3) for the guitar so i could record. I realize there has to be something I am doing wrong in Sonar 8 or an error in the initial Ultralite installation. Is there a common problem with Sonar 8 with the input set up? I downloaded the recent drivers and I think the firmware of the mk3 is 1.00. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
1nput0utput
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Sonar 8 & Utralite mk3 using ASIO input problem

Post by 1nput0utput »

Sonar shows all inputs in stereo pairs. So you'll see a list that begins with something like this:
Left MOTU Audio ASIO Analog 1
Right MOTU Audio ASIO Analog 1
Stereo MOTU Audio ASIO Analog 1
Left MOTU Audio ASIO Analog 3
Right MOTU Audio ASIO Analog 3
Stereo MOTU Audio ASIO Analog 3

Left MOTU Audio ASIO Analog 1 corresponds to Analog 1.
Right MOTU Audio ASIO Analog 1 corresponds to Analog 2.
Stereo MOTU Audio ASIO Analog 1 corresponds to Analog 1-2 (stereo pair).
Left MOTU Audio ASIO Analog 3 corresponds to Analog 3.
Right MOTU Audio ASIO Analog 3 corresponds to Analog 4.
Stereo MOTU Audio ASIO Analog 3 corresponds to Analog 3-4 (stereo pair).

So if you want to record something connected to Analog 2, choose Right MOTU Audio ASIO Analog 1 as the track input.
The leading cause of wrong answers is asking the wrong questions.
yoraz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Sonar 8 & Utralite mk3 using ASIO input problem

Post by yoraz »

Thank you so much