NEW STICKY FOR DRIVER DOWNLOADS!!

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
VigilantSound
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

NEW STICKY FOR DRIVER DOWNLOADS!!

Post by VigilantSound »

Administrator, I think it would benefit the entire MOTU Windows community if we had a sticky where everyone could post the different driver versions they have! I would be willing to put all I have up!

Anyone Else?
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: NEW STICKY FOR DRIVER DOWNLOADS!!

Post by James Steele »

Done deal. This topic is now a sticky. Post away. :D
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Mark S

Post by Mark S »

VigilantSound wrote:Administrator, I think it would benefit the entire MOTU Windows community if we had a sticky where everyone could post the different driver versions they have! I would be willing to put all I have up!

Anyone Else?
Yeah, ME. Thanks James!

3.6.7.0 32 bit:

http://www.dontcrack.com/freeware/downl ... SB-Driver/#

3.6.7.3 32 bit:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/motu/downloads/ ... .6.7.3.zip

3.6.7.4 32 bit:

http://harmoniccycle.com/hc/zip/MOTU_32fw_3.6.7.4.zip

The 3.6.7.x drivers are the last drivers for the pre MKIII hardware. Later ones have double latency compared to these.

And let me add the link to the AVT firewire drivers (3rd party) for Windows (thanks RealRoach)

http://www.goavt.com/software.asp
alienzed

Post by alienzed »

if these work, I love you.
VigilantSound

Post by VigilantSound »

Thank You James Steel!!

So im gonna post my stash as soon as I can find a decent way to do it.

Any Suggestions?
altairuk

Post by altairuk »

can some please post the 64fw-3.6.8.1410 drivers ???

I need them desperately, my soundcard is currently useless to me :(
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

altairuk wrote:can some please post the 64fw-3.6.8.1410 drivers ???

I need them desperately, my soundcard is currently useless to me :(
the official link for the 64-bit version is:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/motu/downloads/ ... 8.1410.zip
Mr. Ease

Post by Mr. Ease »

I have an ageing 828 (Mk1). Does anyone know if there are any 64bit drivers released for this that will be compatible with the upcoming Windows 7.

Or am I destined to spend more hard earned cash???
kazaamblam

Post by kazaamblam »

OK... Hi there. first post, although I've had a MOTU for a while and really enjoyed it (when I can). So here's a sad story that I hope will have a real happy ending:

About 5 years ago I went to a guy who claimed to be an 'audio computer expert', who could 'build me a great laptop' for doing audio with. So he started off by recommending I get a MOTU 828 mk II, which I had totally planned to do anyway. Then I go round to his place for weeks on end, and eventually he orders me a (package) laptop from the states (other side of the world from me in Aussie at the time).

It finally arrives, and he holds onto it for another few days to install essential malware. I eventually get it home and I'm like "Right, here we go".

Plug in the MOTU.
Plug in the Laptop.
Turn both on.
Plug firewire into Motu.
Plug firewire into...
Plug firewire into...
Hang on. No firewire.

SO this TOOL has got me a laptop without firewire.

To cut a long story short, I've had to use a PCMCIA slot ever since, and it is dodgy at the best of times. I have been unable to use the MOTU for about three years.

BUT finally got a macbook pro and installed Vista on it.

PROBLEM:

Downloaded the new 64 bit drivers for windows, but it won't run!
Crashes while installing, then leaves all the folders and such there and won't finish. The installer says something along the lines of 'something is missing, contact manufacturer'
Looks installed, but when I plug in the 828 it doesn't recognise it.

SO: two things:

*Is anyone familiar with this issue?
*Does anyone have the latest firewire drivers for 64 bit windows? That are PROVED to run sweet?

I've contacted MOTU, but I'm real keen to get my stuff happening again.
Frustrated.
kazaamblam

Post by kazaamblam »

Anyone?
kazaamblam

Post by kazaamblam »

OK... well does anyone have any idea why my drivers installer app crashed? And how I can manually uninstall the messed up drivers?

HELP!
bmogo

Post by bmogo »

Well I can't help you, but I can confirm that this problem is not unique to you. I have Windows 7 64 bit, RTM,not the BETA or RC.

When I tried to install the available Vista 74 bit drivers, the install hung, did not finish, Control Panel shows the install but won't remove it, and nothing works. When I install the 32 bit Vista drivers under a Windows 7 32 bit install, they work.

It seems MOTU 64 bit drivers have problems. Sorry I couldn't be of any other help.
bmogo

Windows 7 64 Bit Drivers Solution

Post by bmogo »

This is an update to my post about Windows 7 64 bit drivers. I had previously tried the Vista 64 bit drivers, the install crashed and I could not reinstall or remove the program entry from Control Panel.

Based on some research in another forum I was able to find a solution to this, and it worked!

Here is what I did: Reinstalled 64 bit Windows 7 (as I couldn't get rid of the previous crashed install). Right clicked on the setup.exe file of the 64 bit Vista drivers, told it to run in Windows Vista w/ SP1 mode, and also to run as an administrator.

The drivers installed, and Sonar 8 Producer is working in a 64 bit install with them just fine. Incidentally, I am in IT so I have access to the RTM of Windows 7 Enterprise which is exactly the same as Windows 7 Ultimate. The only difference is how they are validated by Microsoft. This is not the BETA or RC of Windows 7.

These will get me by until MOTU releases updates.

Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Bit
MOTU 828mk3
tycho

Post by tycho »

Bmogo-
which version of drivers were you using that worked?
UltimateOutsider
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by UltimateOutsider »

Hi, I don't understand what this thread is about; is this to track older versions of the MOTU drivers than the ones available from the official site? I'm looking into this because when my new 500GB arrives I'm going to be installing both Win 7 32-bit and 64-bit in separate partitions, and I want to be sure I've got the most stable 32/64 drivers for my UltraLite MK3 and micro lite.