iLok Transfer

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

grassrootking
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

iLok Transfer

Post by grassrootking »

Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer the authorization to another iLok? I noticed that I can not register the BPM iLok to my account. All of my other licenses are on my other iLok. I would prefer to use 1 iLok instead of sucking up another usb port. I posted this same question to MOTU as a Techlink but it sat in a unread status for 7 days now. Trying to get tech support on the phone is nearly impossible.

Thanks,

GK
Red_Camel
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: iLok Transfer

Post by Red_Camel »

Hi GK,
Yes, you can "Move" the BPM Ilok to an existing one as I've done the same. You have to create an account at ilok.com though and login. Once you login and you have both your Iloks plugged into your machine, you'll be able to "Move" the BPM Ilok to your existing one. I have my PlugSound PRO, MachFive 2 and BPM licenses all on one iLok. You can also do a "Transfer" on the iLok site but they charge $25 for it I believe. Moving licenses between iLoks is free. Hopefully you find this useful, let me know if I could be of any further assistance.

RC
AMD 9850 QuadCore - Vista 64 Ultimate/WINXP SP3 Dual-Boot, 8gb RAM - 2xNvidia 1GB 8800GT SLI - Reaper 3.x-current,Propellerhead Record+Reason 4, Battery 3, BPM v1.0.x-current, MachFive 2, NI Intakt v1.03,other assorted plugz.
=================================================
Edirol M-16DX Digital Mixer, JoeMeek TwinQ Pre, Audio Technica AT4047, Sure SM57, M-Audio LightBridge ProFire & Delta 1010 PCI, ClearSonic Isopac-E Vocal Booth, a whole sea of love for recording and music making process.
grassrootking

Post by grassrootking »

RC,

Do I have to create another account for this iLok? I already have an account for my other iLok. I thought the ilok was "clean" - meaning it had not been registered to any other user before. iLok.com would not allow me to add it to my existing account. It states that it is already registered to another user.

-GK
Last edited by grassrootking on Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red_Camel

Post by Red_Camel »

From what I know, you don't have to create another account at all. If you have a login ID to their site already, then you just sign in and use the "move" funtion.
AMD 9850 QuadCore - Vista 64 Ultimate/WINXP SP3 Dual-Boot, 8gb RAM - 2xNvidia 1GB 8800GT SLI - Reaper 3.x-current,Propellerhead Record+Reason 4, Battery 3, BPM v1.0.x-current, MachFive 2, NI Intakt v1.03,other assorted plugz.
Edirol M-16DX Digital Mixer, JoeMeek TwinQ Pre, Audio Technica AT4047, Sure SM57, M-Audio LightBridge ProFire & Delta 1010 PCI, ClearSonic Isopac-E Vocal Booth, a whole sea of love for recording and music making process.
grassrootking

Post by grassrootking »

That's what I thought but it wouldn't allow me to do this because the iLok is already registered to another user. Still waiting to hear what MOTU has to say about this.
Red_Camel

Post by Red_Camel »

aaah, I see. sorry, I don't really know of the mechanics involved if the iLok is already registered to someone else. Let's hope Motu is able to get back to you and help out.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

grassrootking wrote:That's what I thought but it wouldn't allow me to do this because the iLok is already registered to another user. Still waiting to hear what MOTU has to say about this.
Did you buy BPM brand new or from another user. If they went online and registered their iLok with iLok.com then you won't be able to move the license for free as you'd have to do some sort of transfer. If somehow you bought a new copy of BPM and the iLok MOTU included was already somehow registered... that is indeed very odd and I'd try to contact MOTU... even getting up very early and dialing tech support.

You might look to see if there was some sort of white credit card thing that has punch out thing that looks like a cellphone SIM card in your BPM materials. I can't remember, but I seem to recall that MOTU doesn't necessarily take the time to preload the included iLok with your VI license, but you have to insert this little plastic card in the end of the iLok and move the license onto the iLok.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
dtheone

Post by dtheone »

Nah; no small card to insert; it comes with pre-authorized Ilok.
grassrootking

Post by grassrootking »

Thanks for the replies. Here is the latest on the issue. Motu finally responded to query and it looks like there may be a problem with the ilok. They would like me to exchange the ilok for another one. I did buy BPM brand new from AudioMidi.com. Everything was shrink wrapped and sealed when I received it. Will keep you guys posted on the final result and cause.

-GK
grassrootking

Post by grassrootking »

Issue reolved. MOTU got back to me and offered to send me another ilok in exchange for the one I have or deposit a license in my account and I send back the other ilok. I opted for them depositing the license in my account and all is well now.

-GK
Red_Camel

Post by Red_Camel »

That's great news GK.Glad to hear everything is working out.