several problems with BPM

Moderator: ssp

DBS
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

several problems with BPM

Post by DBS »

Hello,

I have some issues with BPM when I'm using my own Pad assignment (sorry for my bad english. I will try my best). :wink:

I'm using a chromatic setting by reassign the Pads with my AKAI MPD32. Because my Pads from MPD32 are also chromatic mapped (I don't like the GM assignment).

1) When I push the Pad F1 (Clap for example) the right Pad is lighten up in BPM. So far so good. But when I start to record and push the F1 again another Pad (TOM low) is recorded! Not F1 (Clap).

When I use the standard GM mapping the assignment in record mode is correct. But when I use my chromatic setting the assignment is disordered. The problem comes sporadically. I cleared preference files and made a reinstallation. I also tried it on my Macbook. But no improvement.

I'ts also the same with another MIDI controller. I can reproduce it also without any MIDI controller by simply clicking on the pad with the mouse in recording mode.

I have attached a screenshot. You will see that I'm hitting Pad F1 (Clap). But it has recorded Pad G#1 (TOM low).

2) Another problem I have … When I use BPM in Logic and export the pattern as MIDI file, importing the MIDI file in Logic, the note numbers are incorrect.

3) Is this true that BPM can’t run in sync with MPD32 in standalone mode?

4) Another strange problem … I have assigned my MPD Banks chromatically. Bank A (C1-D#2), Bank B (E2-G3), … up to Bank D (C5-D#6).

If „Route MIDI Input to Bank/Part“ is activated the notes will be played only on the selcted Bank/Pad. So far so good. This mode is running fine.

If „Route MIDI Input to Bank/Part“ is unchecked midinotes should be forwarded to every Bank simultaneous (maybe I didn’t understand it correct). But it plays only notes from the first Bank. No sounds from Bank B, C, D.

I want to play with Bank A from my MPK32 the Bank A from BPM, Bank B from my MPK32 the Bank B from BPM. I can assign the Pads with my controller. No problem! But after that … no sounds will played on other banks like A.

Thanks in advance!
DBS
iMac (Late 2013) 3,5 GHz Intel Core i7
OS X 10.10.x
NI Maschine 2.2.0
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
MOTU 828 Mk3 Hybrid
MOTU 828 Mk2