SI as an RTAS plug in in Pro Tools 7.3?

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

rjspann
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

SI as an RTAS plug in in Pro Tools 7.3?

Post by rjspann »

I've installed the symphonic instruments program to my imac and have sucessfully downloaded the program and sound bank. The plug-in icon pops up in my protools folder with all of my other plug-ins but every other plug-in has a .dpm to it except for symphonic instruments plug-in. Every other plug-in works in protools besides symphonic instruments, which should pop up as an RTAS plug-in. I've unistalled and reinstalled the program several times to see if it was just an error in the installation. How can I fix this problem and get symphonic instruments to work as an RTAS plug-in.
cjackson111

Re: SI as an RTAS plug in in Pro Tools 7.3?

Post by cjackson111 »

Hello. I have the same problem with Ethno. Everything is installed and the standalone version runs fine but it doesn't show up as a plug-in with Pro Tools. Even when Pro Tools launches it says "Loading Plug-Ins....MOTU Ethno Instrument.dpm" on the splash screen so it is clear that Pro Tools at least recognizes it, but it still doesn't show up as a plug-in.

Have you contacted MOTU tech support? I have been back and forth with them for a month now and they are no help. They act like they have never heard of this problem before but I find more and more people online that are having this exact problem. I want to like MOTU because this seems like it could be a very cool product, but their customer/tech support is horrible!

I went 10 days without hearing back from tech support so I tried to call them. It became very obvious that they took their phone off the hook. There was a busy signal everytime I called, not voicemail. After hours of calling I decided to call their main customer service number. The woman who answered immediately sounded like she was having a bad day. I explained I could not get through to tech support and asked if there was another number I could call. She rudely said no and said I could fax them. I tried to fax tech support, attention to the tech manager (John F.). Their fax machine didn't even pick up. I tried 8 times. I called back to the main customer service number to inform the lady I spoke to before that they could not be reached and before I could make my point I was verbally attacked, like I was putting her out for telling her. It seems they know how poor their customer service is and would rather ignore communications from good paying customers than to hear about the problems they need to address. It is a shame that once software is purchased and opened it cannot be returned for a refund. If I could I would return it and NEVER do business with MOTU again!
rjspann

Post by rjspann »

Well my friend had SI and he had it working fine, but then he installed Pro-Tools 8 and he ran into the same problem I'm having. If their is anyone out their who knows what the problem is and/or knows how to fix it, I would appriciate it very much. Their has to be something wrong with the installation itself. Although I am following the instrustions to the dot, the correct files don't seem to work. I've tried everything I could possible think of. I am open to any suggestions though if you have some! HELP!!
rjspann

Post by rjspann »

For anyone with the same type of problem...I've got it working. If you buy the 1.1.1 version like i did, update to the new 1.1.3 version. This is how I cleared my problem up! If that doens't work then call tech support!