Multi Record No CME UF Device showing up

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
dhm
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Multi Record No CME UF Device showing up

Post by dhm »

Hello, I would be more then grateful if I could get some advice. I have a new CME UF 70 USB keyboard. Once connected shows up in Leopard 10.5.6 Audio/MIDI window as CME UF. Once I go to DP 5.13 or 6.01 everything is fine MIDI In & Out. However once I change to MULTI RECORD I get only IAC INPUT or MIDI Keys 1 or Al1. Once enabled the trks there's no MIDI IN from the keyboard. Clicking the Plugins audition or in RMX the play button, all is well and plays back

I presume DP should recognize the CME device thats in the OS Audio/MIDI Setup. In Logic 8.02 its fine in every mode. Same plugins etc. The CME is set to default to transmit-on MIDI Channel 1. Any advice or thoughts world be great. Cheers DH
Shooshie

Re: Multi Record No CME UF Device showing up

Post by Shooshie »

Would it be possible for you to show us a screenshot of your Tracks Overview Window with the MIDI-IN menu of a track showing? There's obviously something wrong, but I have no way of imagining what's going on in your I/O. DP just works with whatever Apple's Audio-MIDI Setup sends it.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
dhm

Post by dhm »

Thanks for your post Shooshie; what's the best way of uploading so you can see the images! I presume I can't have them on my desktop. Cheers DH
timriley

Post by timriley »

dhm wrote:Thanks for your post Shooshie; what's the best way of uploading so you can see the images! I presume I can't have them on my desktop. Cheers DH
What I do is upload the picture into my photobucket account.. Once its uploaded you just paste the image code into the textbox of the post your making (in motunation).. Press preview to check the image is showing properly..... If it is press submit!
Mac Pro Quad XEON/2.8Ghz/12GB RAM

Macbook Pro Core Duo/2.16Ghz/2GB RAM

OSX 10.6.8/DP7.22
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

dhm wrote:Thanks for your post Shooshie; what's the best way of uploading so you can see the images! I presume I can't have them on my desktop. Cheers DH
Once you have uploaded the picture to a server to which you have access (Apple's Mobile Me -- formerly .Mac -- is a great place for that, but it costs about $100/year), the code goes like this:

Code: Select all

[img]http://yourserver'sname.com/YourAccount/.Public/FileName.jpg[/img]
Here is an actual example usingmy dot-Mac account:

Code: Select all

[img]http://homepage.mac.com/shoosh/.Public/TestPicture.png[/img]
which produces this picture:

Hope that helps

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
dhm

Post by dhm »

Howdy thanks for all your help! Here is a web link you can all I hope look at the jps. Is there anybody using a CME UF 70 and minds new 2 weks old that may have ay advice also. Cheers DH
http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/File ... US&lang=en
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

So, here are the pictures:

Fortunately, this forum software will interpret the spaces in the track names; otherwise pictures with spaces in the names would not show up.
Ok, I don't know how USB keyboards work in Apple's Audio/MIDI Setup. Nor do I know why there are two outs and one in represented. With a MIDI interface, those arrows on the keyboard have to be connected to something. So, there's nothing to connect them to in A/M Setup if it's a USB keyboard?

I'm guessing, but I wonder if you have to select the USB keyboard in the Hardware window? If you open your Hardware Setup Window in DP, do you see that keyboard anywhere? I thought that was strictly audio, but maybe it works for USB keyboards. If not, then check in your Bundles under MIDI Instruments. See if there is a connection point in there. Somewhere between the keyboard and DP, there is a missed setup structure. Try Bundles first, in fact. That may be where to find it. What is the command? Shift-U? Open that window and see if you find a way to connect a USB keyboard into your sequence.

We'll keep guessing until we find some answers!

Shooshie
dhm

Post by dhm »

Thanks again Shooshie, I have it solved! In Bundles under MIDI Devices the CME UF ports 1 and 2 came up. I had to add a new device and set the I/O on the CME UF, then change the name and that was it. It showed up in Multi tracking and all is well. Again thank you so much for all your time help and advise. I think we all on this forum owe you a hugh thanks for doing such a great job. Cheers DH
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Glad you found it! It's no fun trying to record MIDI when there's no instrument to record!
the_guild
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by the_guild »

This is the same problem I just mentioned in that pm Shooshie..In regards to the v-drums and the Mpk keyboard by akai.It seems Dp doesnt properly recognize USB keyboards as controllers,only things that use a MIDI interface seem to be properly recognized as a controller.Things that use MIDI over USB dont appear properly ever,at least I can't find rhyme or reason in it.

Shaun
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Shaun, did this solve the same problem for you? I think it simply a matter of going to the Bundles window (SHIFT-U) and selecting the MIDI Instruments panel, then possibly creating a track if there is not already one, and connecting it from there.

Shooshie
the_guild
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by the_guild »

Shooshie,Thanks..I'm just in the process of trying to wrap my head around this again.I had made a dummy keyboard and setup the ins and outs handshaked which made Dp recognize it in bundles.It seemed like a silly workaround,and made a mess of Audio-MIDI setup..I think I'll take another shot at it real quick after I go through all these posts in detail.I'll let you know if I succeed..Thanks again,Shaun