6.01 Living with OSX 10.5.6

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
dhm
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

6.01 Living with OSX 10.5.6

Post by dhm »

Happy New Year to all, I hope it's a bug free one for all of us. On that note, I had posted a note about my plugins behaviors under OSX 10.5.6. (RMX, B4 11, K 3) to name a few. I had to do a clean install, HD problems only to find 6.01 and loading plugins will not display or work, under this clean install. DP 6.0 is better but still problems with plugins. DP 5.13 is fine no problems at all. Thank God!

Has anybody had any experiences with this type of problem! I am tempted to go back to 10.5.5 and reinstall all again! But what a pain...

What puzzles me is why 5.13 works fine and not DP 6.01 under 10.5.6 Thanks for any of your thoughts DH

G5 PPC 2.0 5.5 gigs of Ram Two SATA HD 2408 x2 Audio interfaces.
kassonica

Re: 6.01 Living with OSX 10.5.6

Post by kassonica »

Working as it should here.

Did you repair permissions etc etc after you installed 6.01
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
chucks

Post by chucks »

The plugin-DP6-Leopard issue is, from what's appeared on this board (and in my experience), a PPC issue. The Intel folks don't seem to have these problems. NI plugs seem to be the most problematic in the Leopard/PPC environment, though there are others. Our fearless leader, James, actually backed-versioned to Tiger to get everything working properly again. Both MOTU and NI have stated that they are 'aware of the problems and working towards a solution'. My months old tech link on this issue was marked resolved by MOTU a couple of weeks ago with no explanation and no fix provided by either. So, at this point, still waiting for the resolution.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

chucks wrote:The plugin-DP6-Leopard issue is, from what's appeared on this board (and in my experience), a PPC issue.
I do believe that is hitting the nail on the head. It would seem that PPC days are limited and waning.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
dhm

Post by dhm »

My own problems are with all AU plugins, like Spectrasonics, Audio Ease not just NI. DP 6.0 works fine it's 6.01 that does not, so I have discovered today. All MOTU plugs are fine in either 6.0 or 6.01. I am going back to 10.5.5 before my crash when everything worked fine. If this next clean install does not work then its back to 10.5.6 DP 5.13 and Logic 8.2

If MOTU do not offer a fix, then I better get saving for a Intel Mac Pro. Having said that there's a lot of G5 owners still so maybe they will. Cheers DH
chucks

Post by chucks »

Some have had success with just using the DP 6.0 MAS AudioUnitSupport.bundle with 6.01 -if you have a backup of the 6.0 stuff, it's in the the MAS plugin folder. Search this board for 'mas audiounit' to get more info.
daveyboy

Post by daveyboy »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
chucks wrote:The plugin-DP6-Leopard issue is, from what's appeared on this board (and in my experience), a PPC issue.
I do believe that is hitting the nail on the head. It would seem that PPC days are limited and waning.
Ditto. I feel that after I switch over to intel, everything worked better in general (aside from the Spectrasonics stuff of course). It was like it was meant to live on intel verses compromising and running on PPC.
Dave
www.dbwproductions.com
10 core IMac w/128 gbs ram, DP11, Logic10x and PT 12, 4 room commercial studio (tuned by Bob Hodas) great for producers and composers!