Stewpid question, how do you delete measures?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
BKK-OZ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Stewpid question, how do you delete measures?

Post by BKK-OZ »

I added some measures that I now want to delete (at the begining of a sequence).

errrrr.... me stuck.... me stewpid...

how can I get rid of them?

Can't see anything in the manual about it.

All help gratefully rec'd.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
Shooshie

Re: Stewpid question, how do you delete measures?

Post by Shooshie »

SNIP, under the Edit Menu. I think it's Command J.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Actually, I guess it depends on the context. But for what you're asking--snip the measures and move everything forward into their place--the SNIP command works perfectly.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Thanx Shoshie, that works, sorta...

I get the measures out with that command but the references all stay the same (measure numbering is the same).

You see, I inserted some measures @ the beginning of this sequence, and they got numbered as -4, -3 etc,

Now I realise I don't need them, but when I cut them, the measure numbers are still starting @ -4, etc., but I want to start @ '0'.

Your help much appreciated. I'll give you that hug someday...
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
qwerty

Post by qwerty »

Hi,
I'm not sure if this applies in DP4 (I'm still on DP3). If I'm understanding your question, the answer might be found in the "Chunks" Window where you can "set chunk start". Perhaps doing this after the "snip" will accomplish what I think you are after.
Good luck.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=53612232
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Macbook 2GHz Core 2 duo 2G memory Ultralite DP 7.24 OS 10.6.8
Siryne

Post by Siryne »

I had the exact same problem here a while back and the answer is in the chunks mini menu. Here is the thread about my problem

Thread
Mac Pro Quad "Nehalem" Xeon 2.93 Ghz-12GB RAM - OS 10.6.4-DP 7.21- & Logic 9.1.3 - MOTU 896HD- Apogee Big Ben-Tascam US2400-UAD2 Duo-Altiverb 6-Melodyne Editor-Autotune Evo-Plugins from UAD, URS, PSP, Abbey Road, Flux-VI's- LASS-EWQLSO-VSL-Kirk Hunter VS Pro-Kontakt 4 -Manley Voxbox, Brauner VM1, Soundelux E47C & much more.
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

The trick is selecting a time range including the conductor track rather than measures in the editor. Then do the Command-J snip.
My spoken-word editing work involves doing this about 300 times a day.

Phil
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

thanx for that peoples, I appreciate the help and advice.
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku