Ivory piano 1.7 and DP 5.1.1

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
noisetree
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Ivory piano 1.7 and DP 5.1.1

Post by noisetree »

Hi,
I need a piano library.Do you think the new version of Ivory will
work on DP 5.1.1? I´m using Dual 2.0 PPC with 2,5 ram.
Thanks a lot!
noisetree
Frodo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Frodo »

no reason the think it wouldn't, noisetree.

I would consider getting a dedicated SATA hard drive for it to take advantage of the wider data bus. I would probably be tempted by a smidgeon more RAM as well just to help with the massive amount of page data for all those samples--

12 layers x 88 keys = 1056 samples

x2 for una corda (soft pedal) samples = 2112 minimum total number of samples to be managed at once.

Big-- fast data bus, indeed!
noisetree

Post by noisetree »

Thank you Frodo!
I ordered Ivory.
I use a Lacie Quadra for backups.Do you think is it a nice
solution for Ivory?But the most important thing is that Ivory
works really well with DP5.1.1 and Mac OSX 10.4.8.
I don´t want to upgrade.
Regards.
noisetree
Eleventh Hour Sound

Post by Eleventh Hour Sound »

Ivory is amazing. I think you may have an open SATA slot inside. You could get a cheap 7200 SATA drive ($75) and load the bare drive right in there without even using the LaCie. I would also recommend some memory :) It's also getting dirt cheap these days :) $100 for 4 Gigs someone said!

FWI: DP 5.13 is a pretty solid (and free update) and OS 10.4.11 seemed pretty solid at the time too :)
DP11.1, 16" MacBookPro 2.3Ghz 8 Core i9's 32GB Ram 1TB SSD, (2) external 1TB Samsung SSD's , Steven Slate SSD 5.5 and Trigger Drums, ML-1 Mic and VSX Headphones, Omnisphere 2, Trilian, Ivory2, EW, MSI, MX-4, Philharmonik 2, Komplete, Reason, Live, Melodyne, IK Multi's Total Studio, ARC, T-RackS, SampleTron, AMG's KickA--Brass. and my beloved guitars :-)
noisetree

Post by noisetree »

Thanks for your replies.
I´m going to get 4G more.
Why can´t I use my Lacie quadra?(firewire 400 and 800)
noisetree
Eleventh Hour Sound

You can. The more drives the merrier. It works well to have one boot drive, one for sound libraries, one for your DP audio :) And of course a back up drive :)
noisetree wrote:Thanks for your replies.
noisetree
DP11.1, 16" MacBookPro 2.3Ghz 8 Core i9's 32GB Ram 1TB SSD, (2) external 1TB Samsung SSD's , Steven Slate SSD 5.5 and Trigger Drums, ML-1 Mic and VSX Headphones, Omnisphere 2, Trilian, Ivory2, EW, MSI, MX-4, Philharmonik 2, Komplete, Reason, Live, Melodyne, IK Multi's Total Studio, ARC, T-RackS, SampleTron, AMG's KickA--Brass. and my beloved guitars :-)
KarlSutton

Post by KarlSutton »

noisetree wrote:Thanks for your replies.
noisetree
I use ivory on a 400FW drive & can play at 128 buffer on my G5 dual 1.8 w/4GB RAM
MPB 17" 2.66 i7/8GB RAM, OSX 10.6.8, DP 7.24, 828 mkII, Ethno 1 via Ultimate Soundbank, MX4, MSI, Komplete 9, Ivory, Stylus RMX.

for a time:MacPro6,1 3Ghz 8 core 32GB RAM
noisetree

Post by noisetree »

But I have two internal drives in my PPC(a system drive and an audio drive).
Then got the Lacie for Backups.I don´t use it when I´m recording.
noisetree
Eleventh Hour Sound

Cool. Yeah, you can have your Ivory library on the LaCie. :)
noisetree

Post by noisetree »

But I am so sad!
Last week I ordered Edition Beurmann Grand Piano for a project that I´m working.
Sounds big with a little pink noises but the big issue is a tunnig problem.
I know that this piano is from 1847 and is tuned at 435Hz but I read that was presets in 440Hz.
No matter what this piano seems always out of tune.I tried to tune it manualy in Kontakt but for me it didn´t work at all.
Anyway two days ago I ordered Ivory at...an online store(not going to tell you because I don´t want to be unpleasant)
where there was information that delivery time was at once.I paid and wait two days for some feedback.
Today I ask them why I was waiting so much for some info.They told me that after all there isn´t Ivory in stock...
"maybe at the end of the week or beginning of next week" was the phrase that killed my day.
I refuse to get plugins with piracy but now I´m so desperate.However I´m not going to change my principles.
I´m stuck!...
Thanks for listening.
noisetree
Eleventh Hour Sound

Can you cancel your order and go to somewhere like Guitar Center? Most people should have it in stock. Reason's got a pretty reason-able piano if you have it and need to make due...

Ivory is like 40 gigs... It's a big Moma. Some guys here like The Pianoteq piano. You could probably buy that online and download it since it's really small. www.PianoTeq.com They have a free demo you can try.
noisetree

Post by noisetree »

I want this big Moma!
And I hate the word cancel.I try to avoid that "action".
But I think I´m gonna try pianoteq.
I´m in Europe.
noisetree
Eleventh Hour Sound

I wouldn't hesitate to cancel an order if they misrepresented their inventory.
noisetree wrote:I want this big Moma!
And I hate the word cancel.I try to avoid that "action".
But I think I´m gonna try pianoteq.
I´m in Europe.
noisetree