Newbie question about DP4 and Sibelius

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Chris Fitzgerald
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Newbie question about DP4 and Sibelius

Post by Chris Fitzgerald »

I've been using DP4 since it came out, and have had few problems on my G4 800 tower in the music room. which gets used for music only. Last year, I tried installing DP4 on my 20" iMac G4, but once it was installed, I couldn't get the MIDI in on Sibelius (the world's greatest notation program!) to work no matter what I tried. After futzing for a week or so, I gave up and uninstalled DP. I'd really like to try installing DP again on this machine IF I can get a couple of issues worked out:

1) The DP MIDI setup needs to coexist with the Sibelius setup. I'm guessing I chose the wrong option when installing DP the last time, then couldn't fix it.

2) The G4 "iLamp" is a great machine, but won't support a PCI system, nor do I need one. I'll be doing mostly MIDI stuff, but would love to be able to record analog audio line signals from my Kurzweil sound module into DP. Is it possible to do this using the iMac's audio in converter (I've done this with a cheap stereo program called "Sound Studio" and it works fine, so it seems like it should work for DP, but....

No flames please, and thanks in advance!
Wherever you go, there you are.

www.chrisfitzgeraldmusic.com
chaim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Newbie question about DP4 and Sibelius

Post by chaim »

Try trashing Sibelius Preferences.

That worked for me.
Mac Pro 2X quad core 2.26 Ghz, 22 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4 | DP 8.05 | 2408MKII

Beta Tester for Toontrack