Have some Coffee!

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
glsimonsen
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Have some Coffee!

Post by glsimonsen »

Check out Jabberwocky with Coffee at http://www.archive.org/details/GlennSim ... withCoffee

If you like Coffee you can find 8 other versions of (Lewis Carroll's) Jabberwocky which I recorded as part of a Jabberwocky Suite. Most everything was done in DP. Thanks!
RainMan7

Post by RainMan7 »

Cool. Also, WEIRD. Not 15 minutes ago, I was watching the scene from Alice in Wonderland where she reads the poem and the Jabberwock just busts into the room. That used to scare the crap out of me but is pretty funny now.

I'll give it a listen.
Buckage
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Buckage »

Very cool. I love Coffee's accent. Where's she from? How did you record?
Trash Can Mac (OSX Yosimite), DP 9.02/9.1, RedNet system (along with Raydat card to communicate with eurorack synths via Expert Sleepers ES3)
glsimonsen

Post by glsimonsen »

Thanks for the feedback! Coffee's 88 years old, born in Virginia, living in Georgia. A real inspiring southern lady and the nicest person you could ever meet.

The acoustic guitar was recorded w/ an AKG C100s mic. Coffee was recorded in her living room w/ a Zoom H4 digital recorder. Nothing fancy, but it works.

You might like Jabberwocky with Al as well: http://www.archive.org/details/GlennSim ... ockywithAl

Cheers, glenn
basstian
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by basstian »

it is really nice. just turn off the gate, or add some ambience to the moments she is not reciting and it would be even better