FREE Plugin to DP users!

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
BradLyons
Primary DAW OS: Windows

FREE Plugin to DP users!

Post by BradLyons »

This is normally $799, but today--it's FREE!

New addition to Sweetwater's plug-in family brings true character to any vocalist

Sweetwater's Reasearch & Development Department, creators of such popular tools as the Talent plug-in, Guitar Racket, Minute Audio, and the Octavisor, has announced their latest addition to the Sweetwater family of professional music and audio tools, Virtual Frontman.

Virtual Frontman is a Mac- and Windows-compatible plug-in that supports Audio Units, MAS, VST, RTAS, Direct X, TDM, and 120-volt plug-in formats. The plug-in uses sophisticated proprietary runway modeling techniques to encode the vocal and behavioral characteristics of the world's most iconoclastic rock frontmen onto any vocalist's performance. According to Mark Hutchins, Sweetwater's Assistant Director of Cable Ties, and the near-genius behind the idea of Virtual Frontman, "I've suffered for years with the uni-dimensional performances of the singers in my bands. I was looking for a simple, efficient plug-in tool that would allow you to add real excitement and charisma to a band's vocals."

Sweetwater's R&DD utilized top-secret proprietary techniques to analyze the performance factors of rock music's most charismatic frontmen, then concatenated the resulting data onto state-of-the-art Mead notebook paper (precision punched for mounting into a 3-ring binder) using a diamond-sharpened #2 pencil. No erasers were used when compiling the data. Don Delong, the Virtual Frontman Project Manager stated, "We spared no expense while compiling the data used to create Virtual Frontman. All pizzas we consumed during lunch breaks had double cheese, and were of the thick-crust variety."

Virtual Frontman works like any standard plug-in, and is compatible with any major or minor key DAW. The source vocal track passes into the plug-in, and is processed with a Multistage Attitude Adjustment Algorithm (MA3). Sliders are provided for imparting various amounts of up to ten different frontmen, ranging from Morrison to Mercury. In the future, Frontman Add-on Machismo Expander (FAME) modules will allow the user to add the attitude and behavior of a wide range of frontmen from the Country, Blues, Folk, Opera, and instrumental light jazz genres to Virtual Frontman.

Going beyond simple modeling, Virtual Frontman will turn any singer into the inappropriately arrogant, inebriated, immature, offensive stage nightmare you've been dreaming of for your recordings, and, using the optional VF Stage Dive adapter, for your live on-stage performances. Controls such as "Pitch Sense" will flatten the pitch of even the most rigidly in-tune vocalist, while the Maturity setting will bring a sense of true childishness to your singer's behavior. The multi-parameter Stage Presence control can be used to take your singer from calm stasis to peripatetic stage domination. For after-concert situations, the Tear-down/Load Out preference setting will prevent your singer from straining him or herself by carrying more than a microphone or cable. If your singer is shy and retiring, the exclusive Verbosity control will make your singer as talkative as you desire, upping the annoyance factor on those long, late-night bus rides when you're trying to sleep.

The high-resolution Egometer and Substance Abuse Blood Contents meters will provide instant visual feedback of your singer's status, while the combination Pitch Correction/Artificial British Accent meter visually displays the results of critical parameter adjustments.

Virtual Frontman is also the first plug-in to offer Sweetwater's patented Superficial Appearance Demarcation (SAD) technology. Using carefully calibrated Narcissism, Fashion Sense, and Hair controls you can tailor your vocalist's look to exactly your specifications. Innovative controls such as Arrest Record, Political Activism, and Fidelity (selectable for Wife or Husband) will ensure your band's appearance in the tabloid papers, while the Vocal Durability parameter will allow you to take a night off whether you want to or not. To further delay performances, the Latency control can make your singer anywhere from one to two hours late for your gigs and sessions.

Sweetwater founder and president Chuck Surack stated, "Ever since I founded Sweetwater nearly 30 years ago, I've been concerned that we've been unable to truly address the needs of bands with regard to their frontman - now we've got exactly the tool every band needs. I'm so proud of our new Virtual Frontman plug-in. This is the kind of technological innovation that could only come from Sweetwater."

Sweetwater's Virtual Frontman will be available in the 5th quarter of 2008, at a suggested retail price of $299. The optional VF Stage Dive live performance adapter will ship immediately following the plug-in, for $799. Additional FAME modules are expected to become available in early 2007.

Happy April Fool's :lol:
Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS
Frodo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: FREE Plugin to DP users!

Post by Frodo »

BradLyons wrote:This is normally $799, but today--it's FREE!

Happy April Fool's :lol:
Brad the Cad. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

I should have known better! :lol:

I love the Artificial British Accent feature!
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
nikki-k

Post by nikki-k »

Grrr...
That is it Brad, final straw! Back to Conn with you! I already have Caruso's back up and running, and you will be chained to a desk there, where you will be forced to sell used PARIS rigs. PERIOD. The rest of their sales will be farmed out of country of course, but PARIS, Conn is yours for life!
nikki :D
Mac Pro 1st gen 2.66, 4G ram; MBP 1st gen C2D; DP5.13; lava lamps and possessed stuffed animals...
BradLyons
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by BradLyons »

Hey there, what are you doing here? 8)
Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS
blue

Post by blue »

Frodo wrote:I love the Artificial British Accent feature!
I'd pay full price for that alone.
MP 2.93 GHz Quad :: 16 GB RAM :: OS 10.6.2 :: DP 7.11
Spikey Horse
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Spikey Horse »

Brad - thank you!

I've been after this plug for ages :D

I've heard version 2 will allow you to recreate an entirely artificial band using multiple instances.

Although still in development, here's a DEMO they released. I mean, obviously you can tell it's not a real band, but still quite impressive.

:wink:
Tripi

Post by Tripi »

nikki-k wrote:where you will be forced to sell used PARIS rigs.

the 10th level of damnation. :twisted:

i love that the sobriety meter starts at wasted. nice.
12-Core Mac Pro, OS: Sierra w/ DP9 - always the latest version. Love of film music.
nikki-k

Post by nikki-k »

BradLyons wrote:Hey there, what are you doing here? 8)
Trying to find a Brad-free zone, and somewhere Sweetwater did not have it's tentacles (or testicles) sweeping the area for victims :D ;)

Actually, PT has been unfriendly enough with more than one CPU/core, and not the best for composing, and then Logic almost sent me to jail or the looney bin. Since I have owned and updated since ver 3 came out, I figured it might be time to learn DP and see if it can handle the insanity I have been trying to throw at other apps with no or very limited success.

Oh- and I hit "I feel lucky" on Google while searching for
forums that are cool, and discuss apps that work for the mentally imbalanced."

On a side note, I discovered something VERY cool when you type "Chuck Norris" into Google search, and hit "I'm feeling lucky." :D
Mac Pro 1st gen 2.66, 4G ram; MBP 1st gen C2D; DP5.13; lava lamps and possessed stuffed animals...
nikki-k

Post by nikki-k »

Tripi wrote:
nikki-k wrote:where you will be forced to sell used PARIS rigs.

the 10th level of damnation. :twisted:

i love that the sobriety meter starts at wasted. nice.
:D :D :D
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

blue wrote:
Frodo wrote:I love the Artificial British Accent feature!
I'd pay full price for that alone.
I did pay full price just yesterday. Any refunds in such cases???
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Buzzy

Post by Buzzy »

For once my slow internet connection was an advantage.

After reading a couple of sentences I quickly scanned the bottom of your post for the link so I could start downloading then get back to reading.

That's when I read 'April fools' :P

Good one Brad!

.Bzz...

G5 DUAL 2.0 | 10.4.9 | 4GB RAM | DP 5.11 | 828 mkII fw | Reason 3.05 | Colossus | Wave Arts Power Suite 5 | Izotope Ozone - Spectron - Trash - RX | Gearbox Plug-In | Pod XT Live | Variax 600 | Radium 49 | Roland TD-7 Drums || Studio Computer ••º••º••º MacPro Quad Core 2.66 | 10.4.8 | 4GB RAM | Receptor ||
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Well done, Buzz.
I got even luckier - I remembered that Brad was a fool long before April 1st. :lol:

How 'bout that one, Bradster?
They'll never suspect that I get a commission for every sale you make here now.
That'll fool 'em. It's all about reversed psychic-cology, something I studied at the Jungleville Lodge for the Insane back in the day... when I was insane.
Notice, I said "the" day. Just one; I'm normally perfect now. :shock:

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
chrispick
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by chrispick »

Hmm. No Universal Binary.

Dang.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

See? The Colonel just breezed through here and didn't suspect a thing. :D

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
kassonica

Post by kassonica »

Love the latency

1 hour late, 2 hours late

HA HA HA HA

Err thats early for a singer

:shock:
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang