I just released a children's album

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
dtobocman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by dtobocman »

Here's a full review of the album (start reading at paragraph 4)....

http://lifeandtimesofanewdad.typepad.co ... y-hel.html

Thanks, reekguitar -- yes, that's me singing, and no, I didn't use any other musicians. I played piano, guitar, ukulele, mandolin, banjo, assorted percussion, and a little bass, as well as programming the drums, etc...

I had the project mastered -- that was the only other human involved except for a female background singer from 6 year ago that I flew into the chorus of one of the songs. If all goes well I will record the next album in the opposite way -- with a full band, tracking the whole album in 1 or 2 days.
David Tobocman
www.DavidTobocman.com
wylie1
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by wylie1 »

Way to go Dad.
Hows the sales going?
dtobocman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by dtobocman »

wylie1 wrote:Way to go Dad.
Hows the sales going?
A lot slower than I'd like... No hurry. It's a true perennial. I think it will build slowly and I have a feeling I'll be doing a 2nd printing at some point. I'm trying to get it to a distributor -- the fact that it's a children's album opens more opportunities than a rock or jazz album would.

I'm trying to sell the "Home" video as a children's book. I mocked it up in about 20 minutes yesterday. It looks great. If I can get the book into stores, then that will help promote the album.

I've got some other cross-promo stuff up my sleeve too.

Thanks for asking, Wylie.
David Tobocman
www.DavidTobocman.com