Demo Music

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
marcushane
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Demo Music

Post by marcushane »

This is a piece of music going into my demo. Let me know what needs work.

http://www.marcussjohnson.com/mp3s/Film ... Change.mp3

Thanks,

Marcus
airtime
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by airtime »

Something's wrong with your upload, marcushane, I get intermittent playback.

Wayne
iMac11,1, 2.66 GHz, 8 GBRAM, OS 10.6.8, DP 7.24, MOTU 828mkII (BLA clock & analog mods), VoiceMaster Platinum, RNP preamps, 4 handmade mic pres, AKG C451E (vintage), AKG 460B, AT 4050, Red/Oktava, sE Z5600A, Shure 545 Unidyne III, Sennheiser MD21s, a few cobbled electret mics, Genelec 1030As, SVS subwoofer and a room that's honest if you're in the sweet spot.
marcushane

Post by marcushane »

Your right Wayne it's completely F*ed. I though it was because of a bad connection on my side. How do I fix that? A smaller kbps?

http://www.marcussjohnson.com/Channel%20Change.mp3

So I cut it down to 128 kbps, but now there are serious artifacts pumping in the audio. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,

Marcus
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

What program did you use to upload the file. Make sure it was uploaded in binary rather than ASCII. Generally that's automatic now, but I've heard this happen when audio is uploaded in ASCII mode.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
marcushane

Post by marcushane »

James, That would make sense. I'm using Cyberduck. I switched it to ASCII not to long ago for something.

http://www.marcussjohnson.com/mp3s/Film ... Change.mp3

That looks like it did the trick. Let me know if it works. I'm retarded.

Thanks,

Marcus
killerpineapple

Post by killerpineapple »

It's an intimate and nostalgic kinda piece but I have some suggestions. The piano and the percussion sound very robotic, which seems to defeat the mood of the piece. Maybe mess around with note velocities, tempo, and add some randomness to the quantizing.

I also felt the piece deserved some sort of over-the-top climax. I like the way the piece grows, but I would have been happier with more...

...But then again I'm not sure what this is a demo for. :)
- Matt

G5 dual 2.7 GHz PPC, OSX 10.5, DP 5.13, MOTU 2408 mkII, PCI-X 424, MSI, Roland 2080, EWQLSO Platinum Pro, EWQLSC
marcushane

Post by marcushane »

Yep. I've been quantizing like a drunkin monkey.

Thanks for the feedback killerpineapple.

Marcus
OldTimey

Post by OldTimey »

i like the robotic quality myself! you could easily extend the piece a little, and add an instrument in the lower registers. it's a little bit thin sounding, which is OK, if that's what you are going for. Maybe experiment with panning to widen it a bit. But it's a cool composition, would work well in TV and film.
why would i want to skin a cat?
marcushane

Post by marcushane »

I'll take a look at my panning. Thanks OldTimey.

Marcus