DP5 + DM2000

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
KTL
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP5 + DM2000

Post by KTL »

Hi all. Does anyone knows if Motu is planning a more deep integration with the Yamaha DM2000 mixer, such as the one with Cubase 4?

Thanks!
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Based on history and circumstance, I think it is unlikely. Remember who owns Steinburg now? That's right: Yamaha!

I think HUI emulation is about as good as you will ever get. Love the DM2000 though. Would it be just a little ironic if you went out and bought an Alpha Track to use with DP?
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 13.6.4 • DP 11.31
KTL

Post by KTL »

Thanks... I'll try building a Custom Console for the DM2000. Since I use DP for recording and editing and the DM2000 for actual mixing and volume/pan automations, my idea was to save the automation data in the DP project file.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

KTL wrote:Thanks... I'll try building a Custom Console for the DM2000. Since I use DP for recording and editing and the DM2000 for actual mixing and volume/pan automations, my idea was to save the automation data in the DP project file.
Be sure to check the COMMANDS window. Often the exact command you're looking for is already there, and you just need to turn on the MIDI Master. You can add a controller to any command very easily in the window.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
KTL

Post by KTL »

Shooshie wrote:
Be sure to check the COMMANDS window. Often the exact command you're looking for is already there, and you just need to turn on the MIDI Master. You can add a controller to any command very easily in the window.

Shooshie
Thanks for the tip Shooshie! :)
pounce

Post by pounce »

it seems the answer here really is DP6. glad it's on the way.