ASUS PK5 MB + motu 324 PCI card problem?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
freqy
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

ASUS PK5 MB + motu 324 PCI card problem?

Post by freqy »

hello

i just bought a brand new ASUS PK5 Premium wifi mother board

i have a working MOTU 324 pci card (it works in all my other 3 machines)

i put the card in the Pk5 and it isnt recognised , the wizard doesn't pop up and it isn't in the device manager.Yet this PK5 can see other PCI cards (so that is kinda working too)..i went on a forum and a person said this is a common problem but didn't have a working solution.

i like asus Mother boards when they work (OC kings)...but i think im gonna have to move to gigabyte.this PK series is very scary.

anyone know of a list of working MB for this card?

peace:)
freqy
billruys
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by billruys »

What CPU are you running? I'm pretty sure that you have to upgrade to a new PCIx-424 or PCIe-424 card to work with multi-core CPUs.
freqy
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by freqy »

hello

i am using a q6600 2.4ghz quad on this new p5k machine.

but i have the card running on a Pentium D duo core 3.2 x2 .thats a multicore .

oh oh ...where did you hear of this? thanks for the update.

peace:)
billruys

Post by billruys »

Generally speaking the PCI-324 card is not compatible with most PC motherboards manufactured since 2002.
http://www.motu.com/techsupport/technot ... dio-system
Melkor

To ALL PCI324 users!!!

Post by Melkor »

To ALL PCI324 users!!!

Many questions\problems on this forum is about PCI324 incompatibilites with new hardware. I spent more time trying any motherboards\CPUs workable with PCI324 for my home studio. (I'm boss of computer firm and I can do that 8) )
PCI-324 works FINE on my ASUS P5WDG2-WS PRO (intel975 chipset) 8) , absolutely NO problems/errors. On i945 - also fine. Maybe all problems - with new intel southbridges (ICH8, ICH9)? On i945 and i975 southbridge is ICH7. I tested any motherboards on i965, includes intel DP965LT (rock stable, but not for MOTU... :cry: ), also on new intel chipsets (e.g. 31,33,35) - no "MOTU workable".
AND!!! PCI324 works fine on "ich7" motherboards with absolutely ANY CPU - from intel Celeron420 (low-cost) to Core2quad6600 (great). My system running on quad6600@3,0Ghz with 4Gb DDR2 on Intel975p chipset, and PCI-324 + YamahaSW1000XG works fine.

Sorry for my English - i'm from Tula - RUSSIA.
Best regards - Roman (aka Melkor)