firewire card?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
stephen1212b
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

firewire card?

Post by stephen1212b »

I have a friend with a PC laptop that wants to get an audio interface. I suggested a MOTU, but his laptop doesn't have firewire. Can someone recommend a card that will provide firewire connections and work well with audio? Alternatively is there a decent usb audio interface? He only needs two good mic inputs and spdif i/o.
Mac OS X version 10.5.8 / DP 7.12 / Dual 1.25 GHz G4 2GB DDR SDRAM / MOTU 2408mk3 / Powerbook G4 / traveler
srstclair

Post by srstclair »

Any firewire card with a Lucent or TI based chipset should work...

http://www.motu.com/techsupport/technot ... mcia-cards
stephen1212b

Post by stephen1212b »

Thank you!
Mac OS X version 10.5.8 / DP 7.12 / Dual 1.25 GHz G4 2GB DDR SDRAM / MOTU 2408mk3 / Powerbook G4 / traveler
chriscomfort

Post by chriscomfort »

I have the ADAPTEC DuoConnect AUA-1422. My 828 MkII worked just fine with that. It's been a while since I've used it as I upgraded to a desktop, but it worked great with the drivers 2 years ago. I have no idea what chipset is in it.
CMEPCMEP
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by CMEPCMEP »

Recently purchased the Ultralite. Had an Adaptec 8300 combo card. It did have a TI chipset. It did not work. No audio and the drivers kept disappearing. Replaced with Belkin, all 400's. So far, so good. Sorry, no model on that. (Brought in a pro engineer to troubleshoot, pulled it out of his bag.) I see Belkin come up alot on this forum. Additionally, I believe others have recommended staying away from combo cards.